Re: Visit to Ealdormere

  • Brokk
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
      Nice!

      The more practices the better. I get to be nice and sore before
      Pennsic! :-)

      Brokk...

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
      wrote:

      > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
      > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
      > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
      >
      > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
      > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
      > http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html
      >
      > Eyrny

    • Yvonne Rogers
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 15, 2007
        Hi Brokk,

        This afternoon's Eoforwic practice was fun. I hope you are abole to
        visit with other cantons

        THL Albrecht,
        Please post the address of your practice for Tuesday?

        Cheers,
        Jocelyne

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007

          Here is a link to a map of the area and the park we are fencing in:

          http://tinyurl.com/2wle7e

          We’re on the other side of the river from where we used to fence.

          Practice Details:

          The practice takes place in Riverside Park, near the corner of Speedvale Ave
          E and Riverview
          Dr, behind the fire hall. Practices start at 7 pm and goes until we run out
          of light. Practices are weather permitting so if it’s raining in the Guelph
          area the practice will be cancelled. We normally check things at around 5 pm
          and decide then whether or not to call the practice. I will post to the
          rapier list as soon as I know. Currently there is no rain forecast for this
          evening so things are looking good. This would be a great opportunity for
          local fencers to come out and play with someone new and have the extra added
          bonus of getting to beat up on Albrecht.

          See you there.

          "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

          > I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my
          toys
          > and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
          > fencing skills.
          >
          > I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
          > on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive
          > make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or
          twice
          > in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
          > contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.
          >
          > Thank you both very much for all the information.
          >
          > Brokk...
          >
          > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Eve
          Harris & David Stamper"

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007
            Sorry, that should be no rain for tomorrow evening, though there is a chance
            of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hopefully things will be cleared out by 7
            pm.

            From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com

            <http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/> o.ca/Eoforwic/>
            o.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
            > There is also
            > > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm
            not
            > sure of
            > > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT
            rogers.com)
            > for
            > > details.
            > >

            > > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
            > Bryniau
            > > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
            > not sure
            > > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
            > > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
            > >

            > > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope
            you
            > can come
            > > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
            > >

            > > Yours in Service
            > >

            > > Albrecht
            > >
            > > GRM, Der Welfengau
            > >

            > > _____
            > >
            > > From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
            > > Is there a more appropriate place to look for this information? I
            > > really would like to come play with you folks while I'm in
            town...

            > > Brokk...
            > >
            > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com>
            > s.com,
            > > "Brokk" <brokk@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to
            get
            > > > information about any practices happening during that time
            > anywhere
            > > > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information
            > and
            > > > directions?
            > > >
            > > > Brokk...

          • Brokk
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
              Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                Well, it's currently sunny, but the forecast is definitely mixed. If
                it rains tonight, practise will be cancelled. If you want to give me
                a phone number, I can call you tonight with the latest news.

                Eyrny

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                  I guess there’s no chance of switching back to Scholar’s Hall for the
                  evening?

                  At 09:32 AM 7/19/2007, you wrote:
                  >Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?
                  >
                  >Brokk...
                  >
                  >--- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                  Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                  >wrote:
                  > >
                  > > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                  > > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                  > > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
                  > >
                  > > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                  > > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                  > > http://www.treheima
                  <http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html>
                  .ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

                  > > Eyrny
                  > >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Brokk
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 22, 2007
                    I look forward to practice again today, but I have plans before hand
                    so I will likely be running late. So don't expect me until at least
                    2:30, or maybe 3pm.

                    Brokk...

                    --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Rogers" <tamlin_01@...>