Re: Visit to Ealdormere

  • Yvonne Rogers
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
      Hello!

      Sorry about the silence.

      In Toronto local practices include

      Eoforwic ( Toronto), Sunday afternoons, from 2pm to whenever, to get
      there, head to Dupont and Ossington. Walk or drive north under the
      railroad bridge. Take the first left onto Geary Ave.; the park is on
      the left beside the railroad tracks. There should be ample street
      parking.

      There is also a rapier practice on Thursday evenings, Canton of
      Skeldargate at 6:30pm to 10:30pm, The Warehouse, 28 Esna Park Drive,
      Unionville, ON. You'll want to contact the rapier marshall via the
      following email address abaginski@... to let her know you are
      showing up to her practice.

      HOpe to see you out there!

      Jocelyne MKA Yvonne Rogers
      Eoforwic Rapier Marshall

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
        My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. There is a practice Tuesday
        nights in Der Welfengau (Guelph Ontario). Guelph is about an hour and a half
        west of Toronto. The practice is at 7 pm in Riverside Park, weather
        permitting. Here is a link to a map of the local area:

        http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q
        <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington
        ,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd
        =1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0.006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1>
        &hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-9
        5.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0
        .006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1

        Unfortunately I can only guarantee myself being there as practices have been
        quite small of late. If you can make it, please let me know in advance and
        I’ll see what I can do to get more folks to come out and play to make it
        worth your while. Me phone number is (519) 823-7786.

        I know there is a practice in Eoforwic (Toronto) on Sunday afternoons but
        I’m not sure what its status is in terms of fencers. You should contact the
        GRM, Lady Jocelyn directly to see what’s up. Her contact information can be
        found here: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers. There is also
        a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I’m not sure of
        its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT rogers.com) for
        details.

        There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in Bryniau
        Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I’m not sure
        how many fencers they have coming out. I’d contact Baroness Eyrny
        (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.

        Again, I’m sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope you can come
        out and play with us in Ealdormere.

        Yours in Service

        Albrecht

        GRM, Der Welfengau

        _____

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
        "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

        > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to get
        > information about any practices happening during that time anywhere
        > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information and
        > directions?
        >
        > Brokk...

      • Brokk
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
          I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my toys
          and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
          fencing skills.

          I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
          on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
          make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or twice
          in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
          contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.

          Thank you both very much for all the information.

          Brokk...

          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Harris & David Stamper"
          <evedave1@...> wrote:

          > My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. There is a
          practice Tuesday
          > nights in Der Welfengau (Guelph Ontario). Guelph is about an hour
          and a half
          > west of Toronto. The practice is at 7 pm in Riverside Park, weather
          > permitting. Here is a link to a map of the local area:
          >

          > http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q
          > <http://maps.google.com/maps?
          f=q&hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington
          > ,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-
          95.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd
          > =1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0.006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1>

          &hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.
          0625,-9
          > 5.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=43.560476,-
          80.263774&spn=0
          > .006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1
          >

          > Unfortunately I can only guarantee myself being there as practices
          have been
          > quite small of late. If you can make it, please let me know in
          advance and
          > I'll see what I can do to get more folks to come out and play to
          make it
          > worth your while. Me phone number is (519) 823-7786.
          >

          > I know there is a practice in Eoforwic (Toronto) on Sunday
          afternoons but
          > I'm not sure what its status is in terms of fencers. You should
          contact the
          > GRM, Lady Jocelyn directly to see what's up. Her contact
          information can be
          > found here: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
          There is also
          > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm not
          sure of
          > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT rogers.com)
          for
          > details.
          >

          > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
          Bryniau
          > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
          not sure
          > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
          > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
          >

          > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope you
          can come
          > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
          >

          > Yours in Service
          >

          > Albrecht
          >
          > GRM, Der Welfengau
          >

          > _____

          On Behalf

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
            At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
            >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
            >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to

            Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
            only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
            http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

            Eyrny
          • Brokk
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
              Nice!

              The more practices the better. I get to be nice and sore before
              Pennsic! :-)

              Brokk...

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
              wrote:

              > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
              > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
              > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
              >
              > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
              > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
              > http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html
              >
              > Eyrny

            • Yvonne Rogers
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 15, 2007
                Hi Brokk,

                This afternoon's Eoforwic practice was fun. I hope you are abole to
                visit with other cantons

                THL Albrecht,
                Please post the address of your practice for Tuesday?

                Cheers,
                Jocelyne

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007

                  Here is a link to a map of the area and the park we are fencing in:

                  http://tinyurl.com/2wle7e

                  We’re on the other side of the river from where we used to fence.

                  Practice Details:

                  The practice takes place in Riverside Park, near the corner of Speedvale Ave
                  E and Riverview
                  Dr, behind the fire hall. Practices start at 7 pm and goes until we run out
                  of light. Practices are weather permitting so if it’s raining in the Guelph
                  area the practice will be cancelled. We normally check things at around 5 pm
                  and decide then whether or not to call the practice. I will post to the
                  rapier list as soon as I know. Currently there is no rain forecast for this
                  evening so things are looking good. This would be a great opportunity for
                  local fencers to come out and play with someone new and have the extra added
                  bonus of getting to beat up on Albrecht.

                  See you there.

                  "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

                  > I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my
                  toys
                  > and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
                  > fencing skills.
                  >
                  > I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                  > on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive
                  > make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or
                  twice
                  > in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
                  > contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.
                  >
                  > Thank you both very much for all the information.
                  >
                  > Brokk...
                  >
                  > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Eve
                  Harris & David Stamper"

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007
                    Sorry, that should be no rain for tomorrow evening, though there is a chance
                    of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hopefully things will be cleared out by 7
                    pm.

                    From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com

                    <http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/> o.ca/Eoforwic/>
                    o.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
                    > There is also
                    > > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm
                    not
                    > sure of
                    > > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT
                    rogers.com)
                    > for
                    > > details.
                    > >

                    > > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
                    > Bryniau
                    > > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
                    > not sure
                    > > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
                    > > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
                    > >

                    > > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope
                    you
                    > can come
                    > > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
                    > >

                    > > Yours in Service
                    > >

                    > > Albrecht
                    > >
                    > > GRM, Der Welfengau
                    > >

                    > > _____
                    > >
                    > > From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                    > > Is there a more appropriate place to look for this information? I
                    > > really would like to come play with you folks while I'm in
                    town...

                    > > Brokk...
                    > >
                    > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > s.com,
                    > > "Brokk" <brokk@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to
                    get
                    > > > information about any practices happening during that time
                    > anywhere
                    > > > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information
                    > and
                    > > > directions?
                    > > >
                    > > > Brokk...

                  • Brokk
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                      Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                        Well, it's currently sunny, but the forecast is definitely mixed. If
                        it rains tonight, practise will be cancelled. If you want to give me
                        a phone number, I can call you tonight with the latest news.

                        Eyrny

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                          I guess there’s no chance of switching back to Scholar’s Hall for the
                          evening?

                          At 09:32 AM 7/19/2007, you wrote:
                          >Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?
                          >
                          >Brokk...
                          >
                          >--- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                          Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                          >wrote:
                          > >
                          > > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                          > > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                          > > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
                          > >
                          > > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                          > > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                          > > http://www.treheima
                          <http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html>
                          .ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

                          > > Eyrny
                          > >

                          >Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Brokk
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 22, 2007
                            I look forward to practice again today, but I have plans before hand
                            so I will likely be running late. So don't expect me until at least
                            2:30, or maybe 3pm.

                            Brokk...

                            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Rogers" <tamlin_01@...>