Re: Visit to Ealdormere

  • Brokk
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
      Bueller? Anyone?

      Is there a more appropriate place to look for this information? I
      really would like to come play with you folks while I'm in town...

      Brokk...

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

      > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to get
      > information about any practices happening during that time anywhere
      > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information and
      > directions?
      >
      > Brokk...

    • Yvonne Rogers
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
        Hello!

        Sorry about the silence.

        In Toronto local practices include

        Eoforwic ( Toronto), Sunday afternoons, from 2pm to whenever, to get
        there, head to Dupont and Ossington. Walk or drive north under the
        railroad bridge. Take the first left onto Geary Ave.; the park is on
        the left beside the railroad tracks. There should be ample street
        parking.

        There is also a rapier practice on Thursday evenings, Canton of
        Skeldargate at 6:30pm to 10:30pm, The Warehouse, 28 Esna Park Drive,
        Unionville, ON. You'll want to contact the rapier marshall via the
        following email address abaginski@... to let her know you are
        showing up to her practice.

        HOpe to see you out there!

        Jocelyne MKA Yvonne Rogers
        Eoforwic Rapier Marshall

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
          My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. There is a practice Tuesday
          nights in Der Welfengau (Guelph Ontario). Guelph is about an hour and a half
          west of Toronto. The practice is at 7 pm in Riverside Park, weather
          permitting. Here is a link to a map of the local area:

          http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q
          <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington
          ,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd
          =1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0.006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1>
          &hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-9
          5.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0
          .006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1

          Unfortunately I can only guarantee myself being there as practices have been
          quite small of late. If you can make it, please let me know in advance and
          I’ll see what I can do to get more folks to come out and play to make it
          worth your while. Me phone number is (519) 823-7786.

          I know there is a practice in Eoforwic (Toronto) on Sunday afternoons but
          I’m not sure what its status is in terms of fencers. You should contact the
          GRM, Lady Jocelyn directly to see what’s up. Her contact information can be
          found here: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers. There is also
          a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I’m not sure of
          its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT rogers.com) for
          details.

          There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in Bryniau
          Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I’m not sure
          how many fencers they have coming out. I’d contact Baroness Eyrny
          (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.

          Again, I’m sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope you can come
          out and play with us in Ealdormere.

          Yours in Service

          Albrecht

          GRM, Der Welfengau

          _____

          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
          "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

          > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to get
          > information about any practices happening during that time anywhere
          > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information and
          > directions?
          >
          > Brokk...

        • Brokk
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
            I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my toys
            and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
            fencing skills.

            I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
            on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
            make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or twice
            in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
            contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.

            Thank you both very much for all the information.

            Brokk...

            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Harris & David Stamper"
            <evedave1@...> wrote:

            > My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. There is a
            practice Tuesday
            > nights in Der Welfengau (Guelph Ontario). Guelph is about an hour
            and a half
            > west of Toronto. The practice is at 7 pm in Riverside Park, weather
            > permitting. Here is a link to a map of the local area:
            >

            > http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q
            > <http://maps.google.com/maps?
            f=q&hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington
            > ,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-
            95.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd
            > =1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0.006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1>

            &hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.
            0625,-9
            > 5.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=43.560476,-
            80.263774&spn=0
            > .006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1
            >

            > Unfortunately I can only guarantee myself being there as practices
            have been
            > quite small of late. If you can make it, please let me know in
            advance and
            > I'll see what I can do to get more folks to come out and play to
            make it
            > worth your while. Me phone number is (519) 823-7786.
            >

            > I know there is a practice in Eoforwic (Toronto) on Sunday
            afternoons but
            > I'm not sure what its status is in terms of fencers. You should
            contact the
            > GRM, Lady Jocelyn directly to see what's up. Her contact
            information can be
            > found here: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
            There is also
            > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm not
            sure of
            > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT rogers.com)
            for
            > details.
            >

            > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
            Bryniau
            > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
            not sure
            > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
            > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
            >

            > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope you
            can come
            > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
            >

            > Yours in Service
            >

            > Albrecht
            >
            > GRM, Der Welfengau
            >

            > _____

            On Behalf

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
              At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
              >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
              >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to

              Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
              only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
              http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

              Eyrny
            • Brokk
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
                Nice!

                The more practices the better. I get to be nice and sore before
                Pennsic! :-)

                Brokk...

                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                wrote:

                > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
                >
                > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                > http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html
                >
                > Eyrny

              • Yvonne Rogers
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 15, 2007
                  Hi Brokk,

                  This afternoon's Eoforwic practice was fun. I hope you are abole to
                  visit with other cantons

                  THL Albrecht,
                  Please post the address of your practice for Tuesday?

                  Cheers,
                  Jocelyne

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007

                    Here is a link to a map of the area and the park we are fencing in:

                    http://tinyurl.com/2wle7e

                    We’re on the other side of the river from where we used to fence.

                    Practice Details:

                    The practice takes place in Riverside Park, near the corner of Speedvale Ave
                    E and Riverview
                    Dr, behind the fire hall. Practices start at 7 pm and goes until we run out
                    of light. Practices are weather permitting so if it’s raining in the Guelph
                    area the practice will be cancelled. We normally check things at around 5 pm
                    and decide then whether or not to call the practice. I will post to the
                    rapier list as soon as I know. Currently there is no rain forecast for this
                    evening so things are looking good. This would be a great opportunity for
                    local fencers to come out and play with someone new and have the extra added
                    bonus of getting to beat up on Albrecht.

                    See you there.

                    "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

                    > I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my
                    toys
                    > and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
                    > fencing skills.
                    >
                    > I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                    > on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive
                    > make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or
                    twice
                    > in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
                    > contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.
                    >
                    > Thank you both very much for all the information.
                    >
                    > Brokk...
                    >
                    > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Eve
                    Harris & David Stamper"

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007
                      Sorry, that should be no rain for tomorrow evening, though there is a chance
                      of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hopefully things will be cleared out by 7
                      pm.

                      From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com

                      <http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/> o.ca/Eoforwic/>
                      o.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
                      > There is also
                      > > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm
                      not
                      > sure of
                      > > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT
                      rogers.com)
                      > for
                      > > details.
                      > >

                      > > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
                      > Bryniau
                      > > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
                      > not sure
                      > > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
                      > > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
                      > >

                      > > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope
                      you
                      > can come
                      > > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
                      > >

                      > > Yours in Service
                      > >

                      > > Albrecht
                      > >
                      > > GRM, Der Welfengau
                      > >

                      > > _____
                      > >
                      > > From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                      > > Is there a more appropriate place to look for this information? I
                      > > really would like to come play with you folks while I'm in
                      town...

                      > > Brokk...
                      > >
                      > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > s.com,
                      > > "Brokk" <brokk@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to
                      get
                      > > > information about any practices happening during that time
                      > anywhere
                      > > > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information
                      > and
                      > > > directions?
                      > > >
                      > > > Brokk...

                    • Brokk
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                        Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                          Well, it's currently sunny, but the forecast is definitely mixed. If
                          it rains tonight, practise will be cancelled. If you want to give me
                          a phone number, I can call you tonight with the latest news.

                          Eyrny

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                            I guess there’s no chance of switching back to Scholar’s Hall for the
                            evening?

                            At 09:32 AM 7/19/2007, you wrote:
                            >Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?
                            >
                            >Brokk...
                            >
                            >--- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                            Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                            >wrote:
                            > >
                            > > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                            > > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                            > > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
                            > >
                            > > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                            > > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                            > > http://www.treheima
                            <http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html>
                            .ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

                            > > Eyrny
                            > >

                            >Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Brokk
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 22, 2007
                              I look forward to practice again today, but I have plans before hand
                              so I will likely be running late. So don't expect me until at least
                              2:30, or maybe 3pm.

                              Brokk...

                              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Rogers" <tamlin_01@...>