Visit to Ealdormere

  • Brokk
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 6, 2007
      I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to get
      information about any practices happening during that time anywhere
      within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information and
      directions?

      Brokk...
    • Brokk
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
        Bueller? Anyone?

        Is there a more appropriate place to look for this information? I
        really would like to come play with you folks while I'm in town...

        Brokk...

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

        > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to get
        > information about any practices happening during that time anywhere
        > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information and
        > directions?
        >
        > Brokk...

      • Yvonne Rogers
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
          Hello!

          Sorry about the silence.

          In Toronto local practices include

          Eoforwic ( Toronto), Sunday afternoons, from 2pm to whenever, to get
          there, head to Dupont and Ossington. Walk or drive north under the
          railroad bridge. Take the first left onto Geary Ave.; the park is on
          the left beside the railroad tracks. There should be ample street
          parking.

          There is also a rapier practice on Thursday evenings, Canton of
          Skeldargate at 6:30pm to 10:30pm, The Warehouse, 28 Esna Park Drive,
          Unionville, ON. You'll want to contact the rapier marshall via the
          following email address abaginski@... to let her know you are
          showing up to her practice.

          HOpe to see you out there!

          Jocelyne MKA Yvonne Rogers
          Eoforwic Rapier Marshall

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
            My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. There is a practice Tuesday
            nights in Der Welfengau (Guelph Ontario). Guelph is about an hour and a half
            west of Toronto. The practice is at 7 pm in Riverside Park, weather
            permitting. Here is a link to a map of the local area:

            http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q
            <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington
            ,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd
            =1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0.006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1>
            &hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-9
            5.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0
            .006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1

            Unfortunately I can only guarantee myself being there as practices have been
            quite small of late. If you can make it, please let me know in advance and
            I’ll see what I can do to get more folks to come out and play to make it
            worth your while. Me phone number is (519) 823-7786.

            I know there is a practice in Eoforwic (Toronto) on Sunday afternoons but
            I’m not sure what its status is in terms of fencers. You should contact the
            GRM, Lady Jocelyn directly to see what’s up. Her contact information can be
            found here: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers. There is also
            a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I’m not sure of
            its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT rogers.com) for
            details.

            There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in Bryniau
            Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I’m not sure
            how many fencers they have coming out. I’d contact Baroness Eyrny
            (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.

            Again, I’m sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope you can come
            out and play with us in Ealdormere.

            Yours in Service

            Albrecht

            GRM, Der Welfengau

            _____

            --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
            "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

            > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to get
            > information about any practices happening during that time anywhere
            > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information and
            > directions?
            >
            > Brokk...

          • Brokk
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
              I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my toys
              and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
              fencing skills.

              I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
              on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
              make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or twice
              in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
              contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.

              Thank you both very much for all the information.

              Brokk...

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Harris & David Stamper"
              <evedave1@...> wrote:

              > My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. There is a
              practice Tuesday
              > nights in Der Welfengau (Guelph Ontario). Guelph is about an hour
              and a half
              > west of Toronto. The practice is at 7 pm in Riverside Park, weather
              > permitting. Here is a link to a map of the local area:
              >

              > http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q
              > <http://maps.google.com/maps?
              f=q&hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington
              > ,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.0625,-
              95.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd
              > =1&ll=43.560476,-80.263774&spn=0.006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1>

              &hl=en&q=Speedvale+Ave+E,+Guelph,+Wellington,+Ontario,+Canada&sll=37.
              0625,-9
              > 5.677068&sspn=29.301969,59.765625&ie=UTF8&cd=1&ll=43.560476,-
              80.263774&spn=0
              > .006531,0.014591&z=16&om=1
              >

              > Unfortunately I can only guarantee myself being there as practices
              have been
              > quite small of late. If you can make it, please let me know in
              advance and
              > I'll see what I can do to get more folks to come out and play to
              make it
              > worth your while. Me phone number is (519) 823-7786.
              >

              > I know there is a practice in Eoforwic (Toronto) on Sunday
              afternoons but
              > I'm not sure what its status is in terms of fencers. You should
              contact the
              > GRM, Lady Jocelyn directly to see what's up. Her contact
              information can be
              > found here: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
              There is also
              > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm not
              sure of
              > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT rogers.com)
              for
              > details.
              >

              > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
              Bryniau
              > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
              not sure
              > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
              > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
              >

              > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope you
              can come
              > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
              >

              > Yours in Service
              >

              > Albrecht
              >
              > GRM, Der Welfengau
              >

              > _____

              On Behalf

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
                At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to

                Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

                Eyrny
              • Brokk
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
                  Nice!

                  The more practices the better. I get to be nice and sore before
                  Pennsic! :-)

                  Brokk...

                  --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                  wrote:

                  > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                  > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                  > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
                  >
                  > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                  > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                  > http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html
                  >
                  > Eyrny

                • Yvonne Rogers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 15, 2007
                    Hi Brokk,

                    This afternoon's Eoforwic practice was fun. I hope you are abole to
                    visit with other cantons

                    THL Albrecht,
                    Please post the address of your practice for Tuesday?

                    Cheers,
                    Jocelyne

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007

                      Here is a link to a map of the area and the park we are fencing in:

                      http://tinyurl.com/2wle7e

                      We’re on the other side of the river from where we used to fence.

                      Practice Details:

                      The practice takes place in Riverside Park, near the corner of Speedvale Ave
                      E and Riverview
                      Dr, behind the fire hall. Practices start at 7 pm and goes until we run out
                      of light. Practices are weather permitting so if it’s raining in the Guelph
                      area the practice will be cancelled. We normally check things at around 5 pm
                      and decide then whether or not to call the practice. I will post to the
                      rapier list as soon as I know. Currently there is no rain forecast for this
                      evening so things are looking good. This would be a great opportunity for
                      local fencers to come out and play with someone new and have the extra added
                      bonus of getting to beat up on Albrecht.

                      See you there.

                      "Brokk" <brokk@...> wrote:

                      > I plan to make a number of the practices. I'll be bringing my
                      toys
                      > and I look forward to getting out and scraping the rust of my
                      > fencing skills.
                      >
                      > I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                      > on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive
                      > make it there. I believe I've been to practices there once or
                      twice
                      > in the past. I hope to make it to all the practices and I'll
                      > contact the people you listed to let them know my plans.
                      >
                      > Thank you both very much for all the information.
                      >
                      > Brokk...
                      >
                      > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Eve
                      Harris & David Stamper"

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007
                        Sorry, that should be no rain for tomorrow evening, though there is a chance
                        of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hopefully things will be cleared out by 7
                        pm.

                        From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com

                        <http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Eoforwic/> o.ca/Eoforwic/>
                        o.ca/Eoforwic/ under officers.
                        > There is also
                        > > a practice in Skeltergate (North York) Thursday nights but I'm
                        not
                        > sure of
                        > > its status. Contact the GRM Lady Rusalka (abaginski AT
                        rogers.com)
                        > for
                        > > details.
                        > >

                        > > There is also a practice Monday nights and Thursday nights in
                        > Bryniau
                        > > Tywynnog (Kitchener), slightly to the west of Guelph. Again, I'm
                        > not sure
                        > > how many fencers they have coming out. I'd contact Baroness Eyrny
                        > > (kgormanshaw AT rogers.com) for the details.
                        > >

                        > > Again, I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I do hope
                        you
                        > can come
                        > > out and play with us in Ealdormere.
                        > >

                        > > Yours in Service
                        > >

                        > > Albrecht
                        > >
                        > > GRM, Der Welfengau
                        > >

                        > > _____
                        > >
                        > > From: E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                        > > Is there a more appropriate place to look for this information? I
                        > > really would like to come play with you folks while I'm in
                        town...

                        > > Brokk...
                        > >
                        > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > s.com,
                        > > "Brokk" <brokk@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I'll be visiting TO from July 14th to July 26th. I'd like to
                        get
                        > > > information about any practices happening during that time
                        > anywhere
                        > > > within a reasonable drive. Can anyone provide that information
                        > and
                        > > > directions?
                        > > >
                        > > > Brokk...

                      • Brokk
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                          Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                            Well, it's currently sunny, but the forecast is definitely mixed. If
                            it rains tonight, practise will be cancelled. If you want to give me
                            a phone number, I can call you tonight with the latest news.

                            Eyrny

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 19, 2007
                              I guess there’s no chance of switching back to Scholar’s Hall for the
                              evening?

                              At 09:32 AM 7/19/2007, you wrote:
                              >Since it seems to be raining today, do we know if the practice is on?
                              >
                              >Brokk...
                              >
                              >--- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                              Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...>
                              >wrote:
                              > >
                              > > At 02:30 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
                              > > >I should definitely be able to make it to Guelph. I'll be staying
                              > > >on the western edge of TO, so it would be a very reasonable drive to
                              > >
                              > > Well, if you're willing to drive that far, practise in Waterloo is
                              > > only about an hour away. Thursdays at 7 pm, weather permitting:
                              > > http://www.treheima
                              <http://www.treheima.ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html>
                              .ca/bryniau/places/waterloopark.html

                              > > Eyrny
                              > >

                              >Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Brokk
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 22, 2007
                                I look forward to practice again today, but I have plans before hand
                                so I will likely be running late. So don't expect me until at least
                                2:30, or maybe 3pm.

                                Brokk...

                                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Rogers" <tamlin_01@...>