War of the Trillium - Thank you!

  • Anna B
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
      Greetings all,

      I would just like to send out a quick, if somewhat belated thank you to the fencers who came to play, the marshals who took turns watching each other, the list-mistresses that kept score, Lady Jocelyne who came to field marshal, in spite of not being able to join us in play and THL Vlad who's expertice and experience, I so frequently found myself falling back.

      And last but not least I would like to offer my extremely heart-felt thanks to THL Gareth, the Deputy MiC who's assistance before, during and after the tourneys allowed things to proceed as well as they had.

      Congratulations once again to the winners of the day, and I am very much looking forward to crossing blades with you all at sometime in the near future.

      In service,
      Rusalka Galbraith,
      RMiC War of the Trillium 2007

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
        You tease!!! No winner names? I know that the volunteers are important and
        very deserving of thanks but you really should tell those of us who couldn't
        be there who won what...

        Cainder...sca'ing vicariously these days.

        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        MKA - Kelly Wyatt kgarlow@...
        Seeblatt Herald, Kingdom of Ealdormere
        @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        hazel and a snowy owl counterchanged.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
          Nope.. sorry, no winner names for you :)

          *giggle*

          Very well, but only cause you asked so nicely:

          TRM's Pennsic Champion - Lord Diego de Montoya
          Galbraith Cup - 1st place, THL Gareth, 2nd place THL Vlad
          Newbie Tourney - Lord Griffin
          Trillium Dagger Tourney - THL Vlad
          Trillium Rigid Tourney - THL Gareth
          'Gerrard's Inspiration' - Lord Giovanni

          Primary Authorization - Lady 'Terry' of Trinovantia Nova

          Regretfully our numbers did not allow for melee tourneys on the second day, but we did hold a rather spry bear pit, which the MiC was most gratefully able to participate in. (Yeah!)

          Congratulations again to all the winners!
          Rusalka

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
            From Gerrard:
            Just to add to the torment of all the fencers that could not attend ... the weather was absolutely fabulous. Partly cloudy / cool breezes / not overly hot

            It was WONDERFULL plus LOTS of FUN

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
              On 7/3/07, Anna B <abaginski@...> wrote:
              > Galbraith Cup - 1st place, THL Gareth, 2nd place THL Vlad

              My dear Lady Rusalka, I hate to be picky give the absolutely fantastic
              job you did, but I'm pretty sure that I came in second in this tourny.
              It is possible, however, that I am misremembering.

              Lord Giovanni
            • Vladislav cel Inalt
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
                Giovanni is right, he placed second in the Galbraith Cup.

                Vlad

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2007
                  Gentelmen,

                  My sincere appologies to you both. I blame Gareth :)

                  Lord Giovanni, I will put you in touch with Lady Seonagh (who's name I have just utterly butchered) so you can make arrangements to claim your rightfully won camp-cooked steak dinner. I believe the idea was to have fed yourself and your Lady at Pennsic, but I know Seonagh is fairly flexible.

                  in service, and faulty memory
                  Rusalka