  • Anna B
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2007
      Greetings all,

      At long last the schedule of events I know you have all been long awaiting:

      Saturday:

      10:00am-11:00am Authorizations (Marshals allowing)/Inspections.

      11:00am-12:30pm Second Annual Galbraith Cup - double elimination, prizes
      awarded for first and second place.

      12:30 pm - 1:00pm - Newbie Tourney - only those *originally* receiving their
      primary authorizations three or less years ago may enter. Double
      elimination, single rapier only, no 'war points'. Prize going to first
      place winner.

      1:00pm - Annual Trillium Dagger Tourney - double elimination - single or
      double daggers only, no 'war points'. Win the honour of carrying the
      'Trillium Dagger' for the next year.

      2:00pm - Annual Trillium Rigid Parry tourney - all combatants must use a
      rigid parry device, no 'war points'. Win the honour of carrying the
      Trillium Shield for the next year.

      3:00pm - Warlord Tourney - Saxons vs. Normans 'war point' awarded to
      winning side.

      Field closes at 5:00pm. (the MiC has to prep for the Galbraith party)

      Sunday:

      11:00am Inspections

      12:00pm HRM Pennsic Tourney - Single elimination - Win the Honour of
      representing TRM at Pennsic this year. Please only those intending on going
      to Pennsic this year enter.

      12:30 - 'Guard the Merchant' woods battle - Best two out of three, 'war
      point' to winning side.

      Play 'Capture the Flag' with a living flag.

      3:30 - 'Guard the Town!' - Hay bales allowing, defend the 'fort/town' from
      the invading side.

      Defend your 'fort' against the invaders - great practice for the
      fort battles at Pennsic too.

      Field closes at 5:00pm.

      5:00pm - Onwards - THL Albrecht's Cut and Thrust Course - Great opportunity
      to learn more about Ealdormere's newest rapier form.

      Very much looking to seeing all your happy faces there.

      In rapier,

      Rusalka

    • Yvonne Rogers
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2007
        Question respecting Sunday's "guard the Town", are RBG's allowed?

        Jocelyne

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Anna B" <abaginski@...> wrote:

        > Greetings all,
        >
        > At long last the schedule of events I know you have all been long
        awaiting:

        > Saturday:
        >
        > 10:00am-11:00am Authorizations (Marshals allowing)/Inspections.
        >

        > 11:00am-12:30pm Second Annual Galbraith Cup - double elimination,
        prizes
        > awarded for first and second place.
        >

        > 12:30 pm - 1:00pm - Newbie Tourney - only those *originally*
        receiving their
        > primary authorizations three or less years ago may enter. Double
        > elimination, single rapier only, no 'war points'. Prize going to
        first
        > place winner.
        >

        > 1:00pm - Annual Trillium Dagger Tourney - double elimination -
        single or
        > double daggers only, no 'war points'. Win the honour of carrying
        the
        > 'Trillium Dagger' for the next year.
        >

        > 2:00pm - Annual Trillium Rigid Parry tourney - all combatants
        must use a
        > rigid parry device, no 'war points'. Win the honour of carrying
        the
        > Trillium Shield for the next year.
        >

        > 3:00pm - Warlord Tourney - Saxons vs. Normans 'war point' awarded
        > winning side.
        >
        > Field closes at 5:00pm. (the MiC has to prep for the Galbraith
        party)

        > Sunday:
        >

        > 11:00am Inspections
        >

        > 12:00pm HRM Pennsic Tourney - Single elimination - Win the Honour
        of
        > representing TRM at Pennsic this year. Please only those
        intending on going
        > to Pennsic this year enter.
        >

        > 12:30 - 'Guard the Merchant' woods battle - Best two out of
        three, 'war
        > point' to winning side.
        >
        > Play 'Capture the Flag' with a living flag.
        >

        > 3:30 - 'Guard the Town!' - Hay bales allowing, defend
        the 'fort/town' from
        > the invading side.
        >
        > Defend your 'fort' against the invaders - great
        practice for the
        > fort battles at Pennsic too.
        >

        > Field closes at 5:00pm.
        >

        > 5:00pm - Onwards - THL Albrecht's Cut and Thrust Course - Great
        opportunity
        > to learn more about Ealdormere's newest rapier form.
        >

        > Very much looking to seeing all your happy faces there.
        >

        > In rapier,
        >
        > Rusalka

      • Anna B
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2007
          No. Regretfully, because of where the rapier list is situation - near a main 'road', beside/behind encampments - there is simply too much opportunity for a non-combatants to be injured.

          Excellent question though, thank you for bringing it up :)

          Rusakla