Ealdormere Academy of Defence

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
      Ok folks.. where did you put it?

      I'm sure one of you've got the page to the Ealdormere Academy of
      Defence hidden somewhere so you might as well cough up the link and
      make it easy on yourselves.

      http://www.ealdormere.sca.org/eaod/

      And yeah.. I found that decoy page that hasn't been updated since ...
      well... since I was the chief rapier marshal around here and you all
      know how long THAT's been!

      So time to cough it up or I'm gonna come around and poke my sword
      where it doesn't belong.

      Clear?

      The long departed,

      Cerdic Weyfare
    • Yvonne Rogers
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
        ..OH ! Damn.. I mean welcome back Cerdic!

        Its good to hear you are back.

        Til we cross Blades

        Cheers
        Jocelyne

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 11, 2007
          http://www.cavalier.pointclark.net/EAOD/

          On 3/10/07, Drew <cerdic1068@...> wrote:
          > Ok folks.. where did you put it?
          >
          > I'm sure one of you've got the page to the Ealdormere Academy of
          > Defence hidden somewhere so you might as well cough up the link and
          > make it easy on yourselves.
          >
          > http://www.ealdormere.sca.org/eaod/
          >
          > And yeah.. I found that decoy page that hasn't been updated since ...
          > well... since I was the chief rapier marshal around here and you all
          > know how long THAT's been!
          >
          > So time to cough it up or I'm gonna come around and poke my sword
          > where it doesn't belong.
          >
          > Clear?
          >
          > The long departed,
          >
          > Cerdic Weyfare
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Greg Hounsell
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
            My apologies, my server is currently down and thus so is the EAOD
            website. I'll have a look tonight as to why.

            At the same time, if someone has the latest (of it there IS) list of
            members and their ranks I will update the lists.

            Greg/Rhys

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
              That would be great to see updates!

              I manage to get on the site before it went down and read that
              Cristabel Wensleydale played for Free Scholar at the EAOD Moot on Dec.
              3, 2005. There is no indication of if she passed on the EAOD page. She
              is one of my old students and I was wondering how it went.

              Apparently there were some key events and discussions that occurred at
              the EAOD Moot on Dec. 3, 2005 and I was wondering if I could obtain a
              copy of the proceedings or at the very least, discover the outcomes of
              the following events and discussions:

              1) Peerless Prizes : Was there any consensus reached at as to how one
              plays for peerless prizes? I currently plan to play for the rank of
              Dean... and with no other Deans (or Provosts for that matter) to play
              ... I am left wondering how to set my training goals.

              2) Research Projects : Has there been any clarification or guidelines
              made to what the requirements are for research projects? It might be
              helpful if some of the currently submitted research projects were
              available to be read.

              3) Have there been any further Moots or EAOD discussions, decisions or
              modifications that I should know about that aren't reflected on the
              EAOD page? When is the next Moot? Was the 2005 Moot the last one held?

              4) Is Lord Archibald still the current preaceptor? I tried contacting
              him with the email address on the page and it was bouncing.

              Anyway, if anyone can help fill in the blanks that would be great. I'm
              trying to get back up to speed asap so I can be active again.

              Thanks everyone,

              Cerdic

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Hounsell" <greg.hounsell@...>

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
                On 3/12/07, Drew <cerdic1068@...> wrote:
                > I manage to get on the site before it went down and read that
                > Cristabel Wensleydale played for Free Scholar at the EAOD Moot on Dec.
                > 3, 2005. There is no indication of if she passed on the EAOD page. She
                > is one of my old students and I was wondering how it went.

                She did pass.

                > 1) Peerless Prizes :

                I don't believe that a final decision was ever made on this. The
                previous preaceptor lost interest shortly after the moot and the
                current preaceptor has only just been appointed to the position.

                > 2) Research Projects: Has there been any clarification or guidelines
                > made to what the requirements are for research projects? It might be
                > helpful if some of the currently submitted research projects were
                > available to be read.

                Talk to Albrect about this as he is the current proctor. There as a
                "discussion" on the rapier list about 5 months ago when much of this
                was hashed out. If you are interested, I can forward you a copy of the
                thread. I believe that the consensus was that we should try and stick
                to the spirit of the charter, although it was hoped that more example
                projects could be provided to give people ideas.

                > 3) Have there been any further Moots or EAOD discussions, decisions or
                > modifications that I should know about that aren't reflected on the
                > EAOD page? When is the next Moot? Was the 2005 Moot the last one held?

                There have been no other moots. There are currently no moots
                scheduled. The charter is unchanged.

                > 4) Is Lord Archibald still the current preaceptor? I tried contacting
                > him with the email address on the page and it was bouncing.

                In September, I convinced Archibald to give up the preaceptorship, and
                he appointed me interim preaceptor and I tasked myself with finding
                someone to do the job as I have not got the time. THL Wilhelm von
                Potruff is the my successor and since i have been unable to have both
                him and myself and royalty at an event i decided to just make the
                announcement here on the list last week.

                In short, Wilhelm is the current Preaceptor.

                --j
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007

                  On the first point nothing has really been decided. A number of ideas have
                  been bounced around but I don't think there has been any real follow up.
                  Hopefully now that the positions of Preceptor (THL Wilhelm) and Provost
                  (myself) have stabilized, some work can get done on this issue. There are a
                  number of Free Scholars, including myself, who are in a position to play
                  their Prize for Provost but we haven't figured out how to do it. Now that we
                  are seeing you out more, there is at least one Provost to play with, but I
                  don't think you want to fight your Provost Prize over again four or five
                  times just to get the other Free Scholars advanced. I think the minutes of
                  the meeting are on the EAOD site so you should be able to review them when
                  it is back up again. I suppose I should do the same.

                  As to the second point, that would my responsibility and something I plan to
                  do. I mentioned I would some time ago but certain mundane events have kept
                  me from getting down to it (but you will have to meet baby Elizabeth at an
                  event some day, she's really cute). Hopefully within the next couple of
                  weeks I can post a draft to the e-list for commentary. What I plan on doing
                  is writing a set of guidelines and examples, not hard and fast rules that
                  must be followed. The final arbiter of what constitutes a relevant project
                  will always be the Proctor.

                  The EAOD has been in a bit of flux recently, with me taking over the
                  Proctor's role, after several years of excellent service of from Hoskuld.
                  Lord Giovanni took over the Preceptor ship on a pro tem basis from
                  Archibald, and Giovanni has decided that THL Wilhelm will take on the
                  position full time. He posted an announcement of this fact last week I
                  believe. I do believe that a number of Cadet Prizes have been done in the
                  last year or so, and I am beginning to get a trickle of project proposals
                  for Scholars who are going to be looking to fight their Free Scholar Prizes.

                  Finally, I really must learn to type faster as I see Giovanni has beaten me
                  to the punch, or the thrust as it were.

                  --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com, "Greg
                  Hounsell" <greg.hounsell@...>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 12, 2007
                    On 3/12/07, Drew <cerdic1068@...> wrote:
                    > 2) Research Projects : Has there been any clarification or guidelines
                    > made to what the requirements are for research projects? It might be
                    > helpful if some of the currently submitted research projects were
                    > available to be read.

                    On a somewhat related note, Do you still have a copy of your provost
                    project? If you could get a copy of Albrect for the academy archives
                    that would be fantastic.

                    --j
                  • Greg Hounsell
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
                      The site IS back up. It may be a little flaky as the hard drive is starting
                      to feel its age. I am looking into the HD replacement as it affects more
                      than just the EAOD site.

                      The minutes from the one and only moot were never published on the EAOD
                      site. I believe they were only published on the old list as there was much
                      lively discussion about it still IIC. IF anyone is able to dredge them up
                      from the list I will make sure they are avail as a PDF in the "downloads"
                      section (or anything else that is relevant and should be included for
                      members to download - like the charter, etc).

                      For those that have been members listed on the EAOD site, please check your
                      name and rank and send me a note if it needs correcting. AND (since I assume
                      there is no official list of new members) if you KNOW of someone that's not
                      listed at all, please post the correction for all to see, and then if errors
                      someone is sure to see the info and provide a correction. Thanks =)

                      Cheers

                      Greg

                      _____

                      wrote:

                      > My apologies, my server is currently down and thus so is the EAOD
                      > website. I'll have a look tonight as to why.
                      >
                      > At the same time, if someone has the latest (of it there IS) list of
                      > members and their ranks I will update the lists.
                      >
                      > Greg/Rhys
                      >

                      > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroup <mailto:E_Rapier%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                      "John Enzinas" <jenzinas@> wrote:

                      > > http://www.cavalier <http://www.cavalier.pointclark.net/EAOD/>
                      .pointclark.net/EAOD/

                    • Eve and David
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 16, 2014

                        As many of you know, the Ealdormere Academy of Defence has sat idle far too long, something for which I share responsibility. THL Yoshi, through a combination of circumstances related to Real Life, has not been able to fulfil his duties as Preceptor of the EAOD for some time. I received a message from him in late April stating that he would like to step down as Preceptor and stating that he would contact Their Majesties. Unfortunately that didn’t happen and I let things sit far too long after that waiting for formal approval to seek a new Preceptor. I have contacted Their Majesties and they have given me permission, as the only other officer in the EAOD, to take care of the situation.

                        Lady Merewen de Sweynesheie, SB, Scholar of the Academy has offered to take over as Preceptor. As many of you will remember she was the other candidate when Yoshi was selected. To expedite things and get the EAOD rolling again I have accepted her offer. If there are any objections, please contact me off list. I feel it is important that we get things going as soon as possible so Prizes can be fought in the near future.

                        Yours in Service

                        THL Albrecht Stampfer

                        Proctor and Provost of the EAOD

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 16, 2014
                          I look forward to seeing what Lady Merewen can do.
                          I fully support this action.

                          Giovanni, Dean of the EAoD.

                          Greetings!