Getting out of Rapier Combat

  • William 'the Griffin' of Otterton
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2014
      Hey everyone,

      I'm selling off my rapier combat gear. I'll have everything at Trillium
      should anyone wish to see it.

      No dibs - cash in hand gets it first

      40" zen blade on 10" longsword style hilt made by James the Just - $100
      Triplette mask - Large - $25 (all white)
      Triplette fencing jacket - size 46 tall - $25 (all white)
      GAA Gorget - $25
      Hand-made chainmail mitten - $10
      Modern butchters chainmail glove - $10

      I have no concern at all about any of the gear's ability to pass marshal
      inspection. Everything is has been kindly used but very well maintained.

      Thanks,
      William of Otterton
      MKA Greg Saul

      http://www.doteasy.com
    • Baron Toymaker

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2014
          Well, we are interested too.

          Does this make it a bidding war?

          On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM, 'Baron Toymaker' barontoymaker@... [E_Rapier] <E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          From Gerrard:
[...]

          Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
          Historian
          Author of:
          Nicoletto Giganti's School of the Sword
          Bayonets and Blobsticks, The Canadian Experience of Close Combat 1915-1918.
          Available from Legacy Books Press.  http://legacybookspress.com/index.html

          Historical Advisor for the Motion Picture 21 Brothers http://www.21brothers.com/ Guinness Book of World Records Holder for "Longest film shot in a single take."
        • Aaron Miedema

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 26, 2014
                Sorry guys, the sword, mask and jacket have officially been claimed already. Someone who was familiar with them emailed me the money already and I have cash in hand. I have the gorget, and the two chainmail gloves though left over still.

                On 6/24/2014 7:57 AM, 'Baron Toymaker' barontoymaker@... [E_Rapier] wrote:

                From Gerrard:  I concede ...smiles

                On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 21:35:50 -0400, Aaron Miedema govianus@... [E_Rapier] <E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                William and Gerard,

                I have a new fencer here in Ard Creag who is of modest financial means. He is interested in this set of gear.  Yvonne will be on site Friday with money in hand from him.  Gerard, I figure that we are both merely adding to somewhat generous armouries.  I was wondering if we could concede the potential foot race for the sake of a newcomer?

                Cheers

                No virus found in this message.

                http://www.doteasy.com