Trillies Rapier Schedule

  • Aaron Miedema
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2014
      So I have a tentative schedule. That being said, I also have a lot of
      empty slots for anyone who wants to run a class or a tournament. Please
      contact me if you have any ideas.

      *Thursday*

      *List 1*

      *List 2*

      *List 3*

      *Alternative*

      *1000*

      *Open Sparing provided Marshall availability.*

      *1100*

      *1200*

      *Lunch, List closes *

      *1300*

      *Open Sparing provided Marshall availability.*

      *1400*

      *1500*

      *1600*

      *1700*

      *List Closes*

      *Friday*

      *List 1*

      *List 2*

      *List 3*

      *Alternative*

      *1000*

      *Authorizations, Inspections. Open sparing.*

      *1100*

      *1200*

      *Lunch, List closes *

      *1300*

      *3 on 3 melee*

      *Pick Up List*

      *Harnessfecten class*

      *1400*

      *Unit melee*

      *1500*

      *Unit melee with Rubber Band Guns*

      *1600*

      *Il Draco strikes first! - The Raid on Cadiz (29 April 1587)*

      *1700*

      *List Closes*

      *Saturday*

      *List 1*

      *List 2*

      *List 3*

      *Alternative*

      *1000*

      *Authorizations, Inspections. Open sparing.*

      *1100*

      *I’ll Raise you a Tercio – The Real odds of the Armada (1588)*

      *1200*

      *Lunch, List closes *

      *1300*

      Set up

      *Pick Up List*

      *Fechtschule Tournament*

      *1430*

      *Tout Azores! – The Counter Armada (1589)*

      *1530*

      *Dickie Grenville’s Revenge - The Battle of Flores (30 August 1591)*

      *1430*

      *List Closed*

      *1900*

      *Rapier Moot*

      *Sunday*

      *List 1*

      *List 2*

      *List 3*

      *Alternative*

      *End of Moot*

      *GAUNTLET: See if Tadc is the Energizer Bunny*

      *Authorizations, Inspections. Open sparing.*

      *1100*

      *1200*

      *Lunch, List closes *

      *1300*

      *Pick Up List*

      *1400*

      *1500*

      *1600*

      *1700*

      *List Closed*

      *1900*

      *Rapier Social*

      *Monday*

      *List 1*

      *List 2*

      *List 3*

      *Alternative*

      *1000*

      *Authorizations, Inspections. Open sparing.*

      *1100*

      *Royal Tournament*

      *1200*

      *Lunch, List closes *

      *1300*

      *1400*

      *Open Sparing provided Marshall availability.*

      *Woods Battles*

      *1500*

      *1600*

      *1700*

      *EVENT DESCRIPTIONS*

      *Harnessfecten class*

      Baron Giovanni de
      Enzinas

      Length: 2
      hours

      The german fighting arts as they pertain to Armoured Judicial Duels.
      Participants will need simulators for a spear, longsword and dagger and at
      least a fencing mask.Participants should be willing to engage in limited
      body contact as some aspects of this combat style include grappling. That
      being said, no actions will be taken to the ground or to submission
      holds. Some
      loaners will be available. If you need a loaner or are unsure what would
      make an appropriate simulator, please contact the instructor.

      A longsword simulator (a 2 handed sword about 4' long with a cross hilt)
      Can be steel, plastic, rattan, wood, etc.

      A dagger simulator (1') long stick, ideally with a small to no guard. Can
      be steel, plastic, foam rubber, rolled up magazine, etc.

      If there is time, we may look at Spear and pole axe.

      fencing masks or similar face protection.

      Wearing armour will aid in your understanding.

      *Il Draco strikes first! - The Raid on Cadiz (29 April 1587)*:

      Pier-Boat Battle, the English team must arrive by boat and attempt to steal
      the Spanish supplies and Gather them onto their ships. The Spanish must
      prevent the English or steal them back.

      CONDITIONS: Combat is timed, and the winner determined by who has more of
      the Spanish Supplies at the end of the melee.

      RESURRECTION: (The English are required to place both feet in one of the
      English landing boats to resurrect, Spanish will have a resurrection point
      at the end of the pier.)

      ARMOUR COUNTS

      RUBBER BAND GUNS

      DEATH FROM BEHIND

      DEAD IN THE WATER

      SPANISH MOB

      *I’ll Raise you a Tercio – The Real odds of the Armada (1588)*: Contrary
      to popular belief, the Spanish were actually greatly outnumbered by the
      English at sea and on land. The English had musters 200 ships and 55,000
      men, the Spanish in comparison had 130 ships and 30,000. But the Spanish
      were relying on their veteran tercios to break the English militias. So,
      is it age before youth?

      CONDITIONS: Wipe out the opposing force.

      ARMOUR COUNTS

      RUBBER BAND GUNS

      DEATH FROM BEHIND

      ENGLISH MOB

      *Tout Azores! – The Counter Armada (1589)*: The English buoyed on their
      success with in the Armada launch one of their own, attempting to liberate
      Portugal from the grasp of the doughty dons they seek to establish a base
      in the Azores.

      The field will have three islands a stationary ship. Each side will have a
      single landing boat. The Spanish may deploy their forces as they wish on
      the three islands and their landing boat, which must be adjacent to one of
      the islands. The English start in the stationary ship, or their landing
      boat, which must be adjacent to the ship.

      CONDITIONS: The English win if they have uncontested control of one island.
      The Spanish win if they gain uncontested control of a English ship or boat.
      If the Spanish capture the English landing boat the English may choose to
      surrender and withdraw from battle, or face a Spanish Boarding action.

      RESURRECTION: (English resurrection point is to put both feet in the
      stationary ship. The Spanish have will have one resurrection point placed
      on an island of their choosing.)

      ARMOUR COUNTS

      RUBBER BAND GUNS

      DEATH FROM BEHIND

      DEAD IN THE WATER

      SPANISH MOB

      *Dickie Grenville’s Revenge - The Battle of Flores (30 August 1591)*: Boat
      Battle. The English will be defending the ship, The Revenge. The Spanish
      will have three boats to board the Revenge. A boat will permanently lose
      its resurrection point if it the opposite team has undisputed control of a
      vessel (i.e. no “live” fencer of the vessel’s side on-board.

      CONDITIONS: The objective of the melee is the elimination of the opposite
      team. Destroy the resurrection points and then destroy the enemy.

      RESURRECTION: (The center back of each ship is a Resurrection Point)

      ARMOUR COUNTS

      RUBBER BAND GUNS

      DEATH FROM BEHIND

      DEAD IN THE WATER

      SPANISH MOB

      *Fechtschule Tournament* (ALBRECHT”S TOURNEY)

      This year's Fechtschule will be a coin tourney run in a challenge format,
      with those fencers who have declared for the English vs. those who support
      Spain. One side will issue a challenge to the other, declaring a fencer for
      that bout, and the other side will answer the challenge with a fencer of
      their own. Sides will alternate choosing the initial fencer.

      Each victorious combatant will receive a coin, two coins if they achieve
      victory by inflicting a head wound on their opponent. A tally will be kept
      of victories of the members of the two groups, with bragging rights going
      to the group with the most victories. In keeping with period Fechtschules,
      if the sides are lopsided fencers may be asked to switch to one side or the
      other to maintain parity. The tourney will be timed to a maximum of 2 hours
      (depends on numbers), after which the list will close.

      Requirements

      1-2 Marshals (so they can switch off)

      1 List Person to track victories

      Scarves to identify the sides (I will provide)

      Tokens/coins for tracking victories (glass beads, I will provide)

      1 List field

      *RULE CONVENTIONS *

      ARMOUR COUNTS: Plate metal armour will be impervious to all melee weapon
      strikes. Chain armour will be impervious to cutting. Rubber Band Guns
      ignore armour.

      Special case 1: to avoid Gerrard’s creative solution last year, plate metal
      armour must have a solid backing that permits the fencer to differentiate
      between a blow struck on the armour and one which are not. So tinfoil or
      metal paint on plastic or such like solutions are acceptable, and even
      tenuously encouraged.

      Special Case 2: Chain Mail gloves will be permitted to grab opponent’s
      blades and are consider impervious to both a sliding or twisting action of
      the sword.

      RUBBER BAND GUNS: That’s right, we finally have the space so we will have
      several Rubber Band gun melees. Please check your ammunition carefully, in
      particular sand filled rounds, it likely has aged a little. We will have a
      50 foot exclusion zone around the list in which only fully armoured
      participants may enter.

      Fencers may only carry one loaded Rubber Band Gun in the list. May
      only be fired after a reload after a 30 count.

      DEATH FROM BEHIND: As per the rules, blade placed over the shoulder so as
      to be visible to the victim and the words “you are dead my lord/lady”
      clearly spoken.

      DEAD IN THE WATER: Anyone who places their foot on an area of the list
      defined as water is considered to have fallen in, and thus dead. Conversely,
      the dead on their way to their resurrection points are strongly encouraged
      to use the water in their travels.

      SPANISH MOB: Team divisions: Teams will be determined by date of
      authorization. The most senior fifth will form the English team, the other
      4/5th of fencers will form the Spanish team. Remainders go to the English.

      ENGLISH MOB: Team divisions. The age of each fencer be used to determine
      the teams. The older 1/3 of fencers will make the Spanish Team and the
      younger 2/3 will make up the English tems. Remainders go to the Spanish.

      --
      Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
      Historian

      Historical Advisor for the Motion Picture* 21 Brothers*
      http://www.21brothers.com/* Guinness Book of World Records* Holder for
      "Longest film shot in a single take."

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2014

        Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:16 PM
        Subject: [E_Rapier] Trillies Rapier Schedule

        ( Snips )

        ARMOUR COUNTS

        Sooo tinfoil is good ??/ ...smiles

        RUBBER BAND GUNS

        DEATH FROM BEHIND

        DEAD IN THE WATER

        SPANISH MOB

        *I’ll Raise you a Tercio – The Real odds of the Armada (1588)*: Contrary

        ( Snips )

      • Eve and David
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2014

          Oh, I think he covered that specifically J as in it has to be backed by something rigid.

          Albrecht

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2014

              Sooo tinfoil over cardboard it is ...
              Just funnin ... I probably wont be fencing...
              ( Until shoulder injury status has been assessed by the surgeon )

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 10, 2014

                Who wants to join me for warm up's in the mornings at Trillium War?

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 10, 2014
                  What time of the morning did you have in mind?

                  Eyrny

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 22, 2014
                    Jocelyn, could you provide the Trillies rapier schedule in an
                    alternate format? I can't print the format from Scribd and the inset
                    in the website is hard to read.

                    Eyrny

                    On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Aaron Miedema govianus@...