Fencing at Crown Tourney

  • Eve and David
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2014

      I’ll be RMIC in charge for Crown Turney in Fergus and I’m planning a fun day of fencing for those who attend. Here is the tentative schedule:

      9 am Site Opens

      10 am Inspections and Authorizations

      11 am New Fencers Tourney

      12 pm A Grand Tourney in Honour of Her Excellency, Countess Tangwystl d’Courci, OL

      2 pm The Mean Streets of Verona

      If there is time after the final tourney, the list will be open for pick-ups.

      Tourney Descriptions

      New Fencers Tourney

      I think this is an excellent tradition and one that should be continued. Participants will be fencers who have been authorized less than one year and have not won a new fencers tourney in the last year. Format dependant on numbers of fencers involved

      Grand Tourney

      Their Majesties, in their wisdom, have decreed that Grand Tourneys shall be held in all martial disciplines. Points will be scored for those who place 1st, 2nd and 3rd and also for all of those who participate. These points will be tracked over the Reign and a winner will be declared at the end of it. It will be a round robin style tourney using dance cards. Once a fencer has gone through their dance card they can start again, but must go all the way through it again and so on. There will be a two hour time limit on the tourney, most victories wins. Ties will be broken by a single elimination bout.

      Mean Streets of Verona

      This is a melee scenario set in Verona after the events of Romeo and Juliet where the feud between the Montagues and Capulets has flared up anew. It was run by THL Jocelyn at Kingdom A&S and hopefully she can do so again at Crown. Beware the intervention of The Doge (in his shiny hat) and his guards. Those who cannot convince him of their innocence, bribe him sufficiently, or possibly seduce him shall wind up cooling their heels in the gaol.

      All fencing activities will halt for courts and the final round of Crown Tourney.

      Here is a link to the event site:  http://derwelfengau.com/

      If there are any questions, please let me know.

      Yours in Service

      Albrecht

      RMIC, Crown Tourney

    • Eve and David
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2014

        This is a reminder about fencing activities at Crown Tourney this coming weekend in Fergus. I’ve updated the schedule to take into account morning court.

        9 am Site Opens

        10 am Inspections and Authorizations

        11 am Break for Morning Court

        12 pm (or after court ends) New Fencers Tourney

        1 pm A Grand Tourney in Honour of Her Excellency, Countess Tangwystl d’Courci, OL

        3 pm The Mean Streets of Verona

        If there is time after the final tourney, the list will be open for pick-ups. THL Jocelyn says she will be bringing the Viking Practicals and round shields for C&T work if folks are interested.