Rapier Combat at Kingdom A&S

  • tamlin_01
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 20 10:19 AM

      Rapier Combat at Kingdom A&S

      The list is outdoors; dress appropriately for the weather conditions.

      10 am to 12 Noon Inspections and warm up, authorizations if booked in advance to allow for coordination of marshals (Book with THL Jocelyn Cranewall prior to March 27th).

      12 Noon to 1pm Lunch break, list closes.

      1pm to 2pm, Street Brawl of Verona, are you a Capulet or Montague? Format: 45 min Melee, combatants will be broken up into two teams from the infamous families of Verona, working to control of the town square. BUT, remember dueling is illegal! Do not get caught by the WATCH or the Douge! (bribery, seduction, framing the other side, scheming, and being a scoundrel are encouraged).

      2 pm to 3pm Three Prize Tourney, This tournament will have a prize for each of the three listed categories, the Best Display of Courtesy and Virtue, Prowess, and Period Fight. Format is a 45 min bear pit (multiple pits if Marshals are available).

      3pm to 4pm Cut & Thrust open list.

      If there is time before court, anyone wishing to teach or provide demonstration in the art of defence may book time to do so, first come first served, contact THL Jocelyn Cranewall

        Seen 11:50pm
        Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20 10:52 AM

          Just curious....
          Period Fight ... ? What isnt a period fight ??

            Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20 11:22 AM

              I think the intent is for a fight in a manner following the style of a period master.

              Albrecht

              Message 4 of 7 , Mar 20 12:30 PM
                Ding Ding Ding DIng DING!  Albrechet nailed it!
              • tamlin_01
                Message 5 of 7 , Mar 27 8:52 AM

                  Reminder to everyone, there is a rapier list at A&S.

                  We wil be out doors so please dress for the weather.  A the momment Accuweather.com is predicting -1C, feeling like -4c, Snow or flurries, so layer up!

                  Ciao Ciao,

                  THL Jocelyn Cranewall

                • tamlin_01
                  Message 6 of 7 , Mar 28 4:55 AM

                    Reminder to everyone, there is a rapier list at A&S...The weather report has improved the cloudy and a bawmy 3C.  Please do dres accordingly and I hope to see you all tomorrow!

                    Ciao Ciao,

                    THL Jocelyn Cranewall

                    Message 7 of 7 , Mar 28 5:07 AM
                      I'm hoping to play, but I'm going to be back and forth with judging, and presenting and teaching. Will the activities be things that I can jump in and out of?

                      --g