Re: More details about fencing at Coronation

  • dafydd@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2013
      If folks want to look into period appropriate ransoms and bring their own, that's totally OK too. You can just replace some of the ones I'm bringing so that you still are starting with ten items. I just didn't want people to have to spend a bunch of extra money to participate in the tournament.

      As far as livestock goes, no real animals allowed (I don't want to have to hose down the gym afterwards) but "livestock" (aka something that would represent livestock like a stuffed animal or something) would be totally OK.

      Dafydd

      Jocelyn wrote:

      Can we bring our own Live Stock?
    • tamlin_01

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013
          All I'm going to say is that the winner is the person who has the most tokens at the end of the fencing day. Beyond that, I'm not going to weigh in on any particular strategies that people may choose to invoke in order to earn or acquire tokens.

          I'll qualify that with two things:

          1) Refusing to pay a ransom if you are double armed is not cool.
          2) Theft of other people's tokens will be very much frowned upon.

          As we're not doing melees, I'm not sure how you could earn protection money but if you can come up with something that's within the rules of the individual tourneys, that would be between you and the person you are protecting. :)

          Dafydd