Re: [E_Rapier] Alchem dagger flex

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2013
      Take a read through this, it's still legal unless the BoD makes a change:  http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/rapier/
      Appendix 5 is now much shorter, the long list of blades ceased to be official Jan 2012.

      Eyrny

      On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 6:25 AM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

      OK. That is a different answer than the last time I asked about the blade list and the flex test. Last time I asked, I was told that nothing on the list needed to be tested, it was considered to have passed (aside from the ones that were outright banned).

      That being said, the safeflex daggers should have no problems passing.

      --g

      On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:

      No.  All blade must pass the blade flexibility test.  The Appendix 5 list contains a few that are not for use any longer, but not a list of definitely approved ones.

      Eyrny

      On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

      All the blades listed in the blade list as legal are legal. The flex test was for un listed blades.

      --g

      On 2013-09-04 6:53 PM, <beathanmacfinnon@...> wrote:

      I have been considering getting an Alchem Armoury dagger. Can anyone confirm that their Safeflex 15/6 dagger blade (15 inches) will pass our flexibility test? Thank you.

      Lord Beathán MacFinnon.

    • tamlin_01
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2013

        I think the test of Blades and what is and is not valid should be presented and answered by our respected KRM.

         As of this morning I have learned that the Kingdoms of Northshield and Middle Kingdome have been informed by thier KRM's that the flexibliity test isn no longer valid, not to be used, and they are to use the previous Appendix 5 for blade judgement calls.

        I leave this call to Gavin, our KRM

        THL Jocelyn Cranewall

        On 2013-09-04 6:53 PM, <beathanmacfinnon@...> wrote:

        I have been considering getting an Alchem Armoury dagger. Can anyone confirm that their Safeflex 15/6 dagger blade (15 inches) will pass our flexibility test? Thank you.

        Lord Beathán MacFinnon.

      • Bill Ernoehazy
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2013

          On Sep 5, 2013, at 8:25 AM, tamlin_01@... wrote:

          I think the test of Blades and what is and is not valid should be presented and answered by our respected KRM.

          Not unreasonable, as the interim SRM has been asked to clarify the actual state of play. There have been no published revisions, and there are contradictory versions out there of what was discussed at Pennsic Moot.
          Once the interim SRM clarifies the BoD's actual intent, the KRM will be able to speak to this issue with clarity.

          thoughtful, Giovanni the Warmer ;-)