Alchem dagger flex

  • beathanmacfinnon
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

      I have been considering getting an Alchem Armoury dagger. Can anyone confirm that their Safeflex 15/6 dagger blade (15 inches) will pass our flexibility test? Thank you.

      Lord Beathán MacFinnon.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

        All the blades listed in the blade list as legal are legal. The flex test was for un listed blades.

        --g

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013
          Hmm if these are the ones Im thinking of ... not the greatest for
          parrying or blocking a blade. Try before you buy !

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013
            No.  All blade must pass the blade flexibility test.  The Appendix 5 list contains a few that are not for use any longer, but not a list of definitely approved ones.

            Eyrny

                On 2013-09-04 6:53 PM, <beathanmacfinnon@...> wrote:

                I have been considering getting an Alchem Armoury dagger. Can anyone confirm that their Safeflex 15/6 dagger blade (15 inches) will pass our flexibility test? Thank you.

                Lord Beathán MacFinnon.

              • tamlin_01
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 5, 2013

                  I think the test of Blades and what is and is not valid should be presented and answered by our respected KRM.

                   As of this morning I have learned that the Kingdoms of Northshield and Middle Kingdome have been informed by thier KRM's that the flexibliity test isn no longer valid, not to be used, and they are to use the previous Appendix 5 for blade judgement calls.

                  I leave this call to Gavin, our KRM

                  THL Jocelyn Cranewall

                  On 2013-09-04 6:53 PM, <beathanmacfinnon@...> wrote:

                  I have been considering getting an Alchem Armoury dagger. Can anyone confirm that their Safeflex 15/6 dagger blade (15 inches) will pass our flexibility test? Thank you.

                  Lord Beathán MacFinnon.

                • Bill Ernoehazy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 5, 2013

                    On Sep 5, 2013, at 8:25 AM, tamlin_01@... wrote:

                    I think the test of Blades and what is and is not valid should be presented and answered by our respected KRM.

                    Not unreasonable, as the interim SRM has been asked to clarify the actual state of play. There have been no published revisions, and there are contradictory versions out there of what was discussed at Pennsic Moot.
                    Once the interim SRM clarifies the BoD's actual intent, the KRM will be able to speak to this issue with clarity.

                    thoughtful, Giovanni the Warmer ;-)