Re: Fencing at Baron's Howe

  • dafydd@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
      We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.

      Dafydd

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
      >
      > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
      >
      > Kersteken

    • April Luchies
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
        Bring your gear! Bring your gear!!!

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 2013-08-27, at 3:21 PM, "dafydd@..." <dafydd@...> wrote:

        > We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.
        >
        > Dafydd
        >
        > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Folks,
        > >
        > > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
        > >
        > > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
        > >
        > > Kersteken

      • Tara England
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 29, 2013
          Excellent summary my friend,

          I have one correction, one clarification and one suggestion.
          Correction - I believe that the conduct report needed to be endorsed
          only by two individuals not necessarily a marshal. This was for
          situations where the marshals conduct was unbecoming.

          Clarification - I think it is worth stating that the injury reports
          are non prejudicial. Accidents do happen even when everyone is being
          careful. We all felt that this was important. If an injury was caused
          by dangerous behaviour then this is when a conduct report would be
          needed. So you could have a situation that is a true accident, which
          generates an injury report alone. In another instance, an injury is
          caused by someone's dangerous behaviour, in which case an injury
          report plus a conduct report would be needed.

          Suggestion - In light of Gerhard's valid point that everybody hates
          paperwork, perhaps what is needed is an injury report (for moderate to
          severe) and an injury log. The injury log could be simply a journal
          type book (heck even a facebook page), where you simply write down
          your name, date and type of injury.

          For example:

          Ellaire de Troyes, August 17 2012, bruise to right forearm.

          If we decide to do a study of the safety of certain disciplines, then
          these log books could become the source of raw data.

          Thanks for taking on the responsibility of chairing the meeting. It
          was really productive.

          Tara