Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Baron's Howe

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
      I've confirmed with his Grace that he's happy to let me run some fencing.
      As I'll mostly be relaxing I will not be scheduling anything.
      If you want to fence, come and find me and we'll work something out.
      --g

    • dafydd@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
        We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.

        Dafydd

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
        >
        > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
        >
        > Kersteken

      • April Luchies
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
          Bring your gear! Bring your gear!!!

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 2013-08-27, at 3:21 PM, "dafydd@..." <dafydd@...> wrote:

          > We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.
          >
          > Dafydd
          >
          > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Folks,
          > >
          > > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
          > >
          > > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
          > >
          > > Kersteken

        • Tara England
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 29, 2013
            Excellent summary my friend,

            I have one correction, one clarification and one suggestion.
            Correction - I believe that the conduct report needed to be endorsed
            only by two individuals not necessarily a marshal. This was for
            situations where the marshals conduct was unbecoming.

            Clarification - I think it is worth stating that the injury reports
            are non prejudicial. Accidents do happen even when everyone is being
            careful. We all felt that this was important. If an injury was caused
            by dangerous behaviour then this is when a conduct report would be
            needed. So you could have a situation that is a true accident, which
            generates an injury report alone. In another instance, an injury is
            caused by someone's dangerous behaviour, in which case an injury
            report plus a conduct report would be needed.

            Suggestion - In light of Gerhard's valid point that everybody hates
            paperwork, perhaps what is needed is an injury report (for moderate to
            severe) and an injury log. The injury log could be simply a journal
            type book (heck even a facebook page), where you simply write down
            your name, date and type of injury.

            For example:

            Ellaire de Troyes, August 17 2012, bruise to right forearm.

            If we decide to do a study of the safety of certain disciplines, then
            these log books could become the source of raw data.

            Thanks for taking on the responsibility of chairing the meeting. It
            was really productive.

            Tara