Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Baron's Howe

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
      Depends on the year. Sometimes there are none, and we've had as high as 8
      IIRC.

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
        I've confirmed with his Grace that he's happy to let me run some fencing.
        As I'll mostly be relaxing I will not be scheduling anything.
        If you want to fence, come and find me and we'll work something out.
        --g

      • dafydd@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
          We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.

          Dafydd

          --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:

          > Hi Folks,
          >
          > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
          >
          > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
          >
          > Kersteken

        • April Luchies
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
            Bring your gear! Bring your gear!!!

            Sent from my iPhone

            On 2013-08-27, at 3:21 PM, "dafydd@..." <dafydd@...> wrote:

            > We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.
            >
            > Dafydd
            >
            > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Folks,
            > >
            > > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
            > >
            > > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
            > >
            > > Kersteken

          • Tara England
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 29, 2013
              Excellent summary my friend,

              I have one correction, one clarification and one suggestion.
              Correction - I believe that the conduct report needed to be endorsed
              only by two individuals not necessarily a marshal. This was for
              situations where the marshals conduct was unbecoming.

              Clarification - I think it is worth stating that the injury reports
              are non prejudicial. Accidents do happen even when everyone is being
              careful. We all felt that this was important. If an injury was caused
              by dangerous behaviour then this is when a conduct report would be
              needed. So you could have a situation that is a true accident, which
              generates an injury report alone. In another instance, an injury is
              caused by someone's dangerous behaviour, in which case an injury
              report plus a conduct report would be needed.

              Suggestion - In light of Gerhard's valid point that everybody hates
              paperwork, perhaps what is needed is an injury report (for moderate to
              severe) and an injury log. The injury log could be simply a journal
              type book (heck even a facebook page), where you simply write down
              your name, date and type of injury.

              For example:

              Ellaire de Troyes, August 17 2012, bruise to right forearm.

              If we decide to do a study of the safety of certain disciplines, then
              these log books could become the source of raw data.

              Thanks for taking on the responsibility of chairing the meeting. It
              was really productive.

              Tara