Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Baron's Howe

  • April Luchies
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
      Thanks Your Excellency!

      Kersteken

      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
        Smiles ... some old guy and one of his cohorts is attending !
        How many fencers are there usually ?

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
          Depends on the year. Sometimes there are none, and we've had as high as 8
          IIRC.

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
            I've confirmed with his Grace that he's happy to let me run some fencing.
            As I'll mostly be relaxing I will not be scheduling anything.
            If you want to fence, come and find me and we'll work something out.
            --g

          • dafydd@rogers.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
              We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.

              Dafydd

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:

              > Hi Folks,
              >
              > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
              >
              > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
              >
              > Kersteken

            • April Luchies
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
                Bring your gear! Bring your gear!!!

                Sent from my iPhone

                On 2013-08-27, at 3:21 PM, "dafydd@..." <dafydd@...> wrote:

                > We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.
                >
                > Dafydd
                >
                > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Folks,
                > >
                > > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
                > >
                > > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
                > >
                > > Kersteken

              • Tara England
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 29, 2013
                  Excellent summary my friend,

                  I have one correction, one clarification and one suggestion.
                  Correction - I believe that the conduct report needed to be endorsed
                  only by two individuals not necessarily a marshal. This was for
                  situations where the marshals conduct was unbecoming.

                  Clarification - I think it is worth stating that the injury reports
                  are non prejudicial. Accidents do happen even when everyone is being
                  careful. We all felt that this was important. If an injury was caused
                  by dangerous behaviour then this is when a conduct report would be
                  needed. So you could have a situation that is a true accident, which
                  generates an injury report alone. In another instance, an injury is
                  caused by someone's dangerous behaviour, in which case an injury
                  report plus a conduct report would be needed.

                  Suggestion - In light of Gerhard's valid point that everybody hates
                  paperwork, perhaps what is needed is an injury report (for moderate to
                  severe) and an injury log. The injury log could be simply a journal
                  type book (heck even a facebook page), where you simply write down
                  your name, date and type of injury.

                  For example:

                  Ellaire de Troyes, August 17 2012, bruise to right forearm.

                  If we decide to do a study of the safety of certain disciplines, then
                  these log books could become the source of raw data.

                  Thanks for taking on the responsibility of chairing the meeting. It
                  was really productive.

                  Tara