Re: [E_Rapier] Fencing at Baron's Howe

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
      Duke Finvar generally requests that people who want to do fencing at
      Baron's Howe contact him with the details. I'm going and I'm a marshal and
      I'm happy to contact him and see about running some fencing. I won't be
      playing myself.

      On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...>wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
      >
      > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
      >
      > Kersteken

    • April Luchies
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
        Thanks Your Excellency!

        Kersteken

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
          Smiles ... some old guy and one of his cohorts is attending !
          How many fencers are there usually ?

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
            Depends on the year. Sometimes there are none, and we've had as high as 8
            IIRC.

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
              I've confirmed with his Grace that he's happy to let me run some fencing.
              As I'll mostly be relaxing I will not be scheduling anything.
              If you want to fence, come and find me and we'll work something out.
              --g

            • dafydd@rogers.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
                We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.

                Dafydd

                --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:

                > Hi Folks,
                >
                > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
                >
                > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
                >
                > Kersteken

              • April Luchies
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 27, 2013
                  Bring your gear! Bring your gear!!!

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On 2013-08-27, at 3:21 PM, "dafydd@..." <dafydd@...> wrote:

                  > We'll be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well (staying off-site). I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bring my gear, it'll probably depend on the weather forcast. Otherwise I'm planning on setting up a portable leatherworking shop under the tent and doing some catch-up on some of my projects.
                  >
                  > Dafydd
                  >
                  > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, April Luchies <macnurseapril@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Folks,
                  > >
                  > > Are there any Marshall's heading up to Baron's Howe this weekend?
                  > >
                  > > I'm going, and I'd love to cross blades!
                  > >
                  > > Kersteken

                • Tara England
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 29, 2013
                    Excellent summary my friend,

                    I have one correction, one clarification and one suggestion.
                    Correction - I believe that the conduct report needed to be endorsed
                    only by two individuals not necessarily a marshal. This was for
                    situations where the marshals conduct was unbecoming.

                    Clarification - I think it is worth stating that the injury reports
                    are non prejudicial. Accidents do happen even when everyone is being
                    careful. We all felt that this was important. If an injury was caused
                    by dangerous behaviour then this is when a conduct report would be
                    needed. So you could have a situation that is a true accident, which
                    generates an injury report alone. In another instance, an injury is
                    caused by someone's dangerous behaviour, in which case an injury
                    report plus a conduct report would be needed.

                    Suggestion - In light of Gerhard's valid point that everybody hates
                    paperwork, perhaps what is needed is an injury report (for moderate to
                    severe) and an injury log. The injury log could be simply a journal
                    type book (heck even a facebook page), where you simply write down
                    your name, date and type of injury.

                    For example:

                    Ellaire de Troyes, August 17 2012, bruise to right forearm.

                    If we decide to do a study of the safety of certain disciplines, then
                    these log books could become the source of raw data.

                    Thanks for taking on the responsibility of chairing the meeting. It
                    was really productive.

                    Tara