Re: FW: SCA Rapier News

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 4, 2013
      Soooo lets talk Heraldry:

      Circular Badge:
      Red Field
      A white glove holding a white rapier

      Red and White : Ealdormere colours

      White denoting Peerage in Armoured combatants and in some other aspects
      of our society.

      Keeping it simple.

      Remember some scribe will need to paint this and someone may just want
      to sew it . ( Even with those Mystical machines being wondrous things )

      Perhaps ... just a white glove on a red field ...??
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2013
        A white glove could be a good symbol, but remember this will be a symbol
        for the entire Known World, not just Ealdormere.

        And the committee's original charge was to recommend a device, so that may
        be taken care of now.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4, 2013
          To early for talk about this Toymaker...and I suspect, as the Society College of Heralds is sitting on the committee respectign the fourth peerage, if it sould come to fruition, that we as a Society will be handed down an image to use for said peerage, as was done for the Chiv, Pelicans and Laurels...

          THL Jocelyn

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2013
            I believe part of the mandate of the group was to decide on the name and
            the regalia and such.
            Given the number of unarmoured combatants who no longer do late period
            representations, I do hope that they chose something that works for earlier
            personas.
            --g