Re: [E_Rapier] Re: FW: SCA Rapier News

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3 12:43 PM
      You wouldn't consider that a milestone in the progress of the project?

      Eyrny

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3 12:53 PM
        Definitely looks like forward movement to me. I may be optimistic but forward movement = progress.
        Cainder

        Kelly Wyatt/Cainder ingen hui Chatharnaig
        k.wyatt59@...

        To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
        From: kgormanshaw@...
        Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 15:43:43 -0400
        Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Re: FW: SCA Rapier News

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4 5:02 AM
          Coming from the perspective of a professional scheduler,keenly aware of various decision making processes ths milestone only represents a decision point based on what ever teh committee submitted. It is simply recorded in history as being completed

          There is no indicator in the message that the initiative the committee studied will go forward or backwards. Only that a submission has been made to the BOD.

          > You wouldn't consider that a milestone in the progress of the project?
          >

          > Eyrny
          >
          > On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Yvonne <tamlin_01@...> wrote:
          >

          > > How do you see this as progress? It's a vague statment. It makes no
          > > mentions either way. It just means the committee's report is in the hands
          > > of the BOD.
          > >
          > > Jocleyn
          > >
          > > --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Harris & David Stamper" <evedave1@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Still a ways to go yet but some progress.
          > > >

          > > > Albrecht
          > > >

          > > > _____

        • EVE HARRIS
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4 5:51 AM
            Considering that the issue is one of the most sensitive in the SCA, having one of the key documents that will assist the BoD in making their decision actually in their hands is probably a good thing. At least better than it still being in committee. I agree that the process is frustratingly slow, but I was actually surprised to see this come out as soon as it did. Now that it's out, the process can continue to move forward.

            THL Jocelyn, I can totally understand your frustration and in many ways share it. You are a professional in a field that requires precision and timeliness. They are a group of talented amateurs who have to balance real life with SCA work and are dealing with a very thorny issue. I suspect that even the rapier community is not of one mind on the subject of a fencing peerage. At least the completion of the report indicates some progress, not as fast as we would like, but progress nonetheless.

            Albrecht

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4 6:19 AM
              Soooo lets talk Heraldry:

              Circular Badge:
              Red Field
              A white glove holding a white rapier

              Red and White : Ealdormere colours

              White denoting Peerage in Armoured combatants and in some other aspects
              of our society.

              Keeping it simple.

              Remember some scribe will need to paint this and someone may just want
              to sew it . ( Even with those Mystical machines being wondrous things )

              Perhaps ... just a white glove on a red field ...??
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4 6:46 AM
                A white glove could be a good symbol, but remember this will be a symbol
                for the entire Known World, not just Ealdormere.

                And the committee's original charge was to recommend a device, so that may
                be taken care of now.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4 7:06 AM
                  To early for talk about this Toymaker...and I suspect, as the Society College of Heralds is sitting on the committee respectign the fourth peerage, if it sould come to fruition, that we as a Society will be handed down an image to use for said peerage, as was done for the Chiv, Pelicans and Laurels...

                  THL Jocelyn

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 4 7:45 AM
                    I believe part of the mandate of the group was to decide on the name and
                    the regalia and such.
                    Given the number of unarmoured combatants who no longer do late period
                    representations, I do hope that they chose something that works for earlier
                    personas.
                    --g