Rapier @ Trillies

  • Aaron Miedema
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
      Hi all.... The schedule has been formalized and put up on the website.

      http://septentria.ca/trillium_war_2013/index.shtml

      The event schedule gives the proper time and place of the individual
      events, The Rapier specific schedule includes descriptions of the
      Tournaments, Classes, and Roundtables.

      Please direct any comments and questions to me.

      Hope to see you all there. =)

      --
      Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
      Historian

    • Neil McCallum
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
        Hello Archibald,

        I'm looking to do my first authorization on Sat morning (arriving Fri
        Night). Aside from the paperwork are there any particular arrangements I
        need to make?

        -Aleksandr

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 21, 2013
          You are responsible for finding marshalls to authorize you. You might
          wander from camp to camp, or likely there will be marshalls at the lists in
          the mornings. But, it shouldn't be too hard, and it gives you an excuse to
          get out and meet new people.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2013
            Thanks,
            Think I've got it sorted with back-ups in mind.

            See you there!
            Aleksandr

            On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > You are responsible for finding marshalls to authorize you. You might
            > wander from camp to camp, or likely there will be marshalls at the lists in
            > the mornings. But, it shouldn't be too hard, and it gives you an excuse to
            > get out and meet new people.
            >
            > On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Neil McCallum
            > <neil.a.mccallum@...>wrote:
            >

            > > Hello Archibald,
            > >
            > > I'm looking to do my first authorization on Sat morning (arriving Fri
            > > Night). Aside from the paperwork are there any particular arrangements I
            > > need to make?
            > >
            > > -Aleksandr
            > >

            > > On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...>
            > > wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            >

            > > > Hi all.... The schedule has been formalized and put up on the website.
            > > >
            > > > http://septentria.ca/trillium_war_2013/index.shtml
            > > >
            > > > The event schedule gives the proper time and place of the individual
            > > > events, The Rapier specific schedule includes descriptions of the
            > > > Tournaments, Classes, and Roundtables.
            > > >
            > > > Please direct any comments and questions to me.
            > > >
            > > > Hope to see you all there. =)
            > > >
            > > > --
            > > > Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
            > > > Historian
            > > > Historical Advisor for the Motion Picture *21 Brothers*
            > > > http://www.21brothers.com/* Guiness Book of World Records* Holder for
            > > > "Longest film shot in a single take."
            > > > Author of *Bayonets and Blobsticks, The Canadian Experience of Close
            > > Combat
            > > > 1915-1918*, available from Legacy Books Press.
            > > > http://www.legacybookspress.com/books.html#Bayonet
            > > > **

            > --
            > Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
            > Historian
            > Historical Advisor for the Motion Picture *21 Brothers*
            > http://www.21brothers.com/* Guiness Book of World Records* Holder for
            > "Longest film shot in a single take."

          • David Gotlieb
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 24, 2013
              Just curious giving the current forcast for a fair amount of wetness over the course of Trillies, is there indoor or covered space for rapier in case of rain?

              Lord Dafydd ap Alan (MKA David Gotlieb)Canton of Harrowgate Heath

              Visit my Blog - Leather Goods for the Discerning Kraken

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 24, 2013

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 24, 2013
                  @Dafydd.

                  No, there is no rain space.... but the forecasters also have been
                  incredibly twitchy, it was supposedly supposed to be raining here for the
                  last 48 hours and nothing. The veteran forecasters have gone on holiday
                  and left the newbies to panic.