Authorizations in Practices

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2007
      Greetings unto All,

      It has come to my attention that I have been in error
      on one of the finer points of the rules and I would
      like to correct the matter.

      I and a few others remembered from when the rules were
      being redrafted last year that secondary
      authorizations were going to be allowed at practices
      and not single rapier (or primary) authorizations.
      That likely was true at some point of the revision
      process; however, the current rules, as passed by
      Privy Council, state:

      > AUTHORIZATIONS
      > (See Note 11)

      > 2. Authorizations may be done at practices or
      > events.

      Therefore ALL Authorizations may be done at practice
      or events, even Single Authorizations, provided that
      the following is true:

      > 3. The first form a combatant will authorize in is
      > single rapier. All
      > other authorizations may be attempted in the order
      > desired by the
      > combatant.

      > 6. An authorization will be run by at least two
      > marshals. For all
      > primary authorizations at least one and preferably
      > both marshals will be
      > unfamiliar with the candidate. For advanced
      > authorizations, at least
      > one of the marshals will be unfamiliar with the
      > candidate.
      > i. An unfamiliar marshal is one the authorization
      > candidate does not
      > practice with, in the form being attempted, more
      > than once every two months
      > ii. As well, the unfamiliar marshal does not live in
      > the same region or
      > municipality as the authorization candidate.

      So, in short Single Authorizations may be done at
      practice as described and governed by the Rapier Rules
      of Ealdormere. My assertions to the contrary were
      incorrect as per the Rapier Rules of Ealdormere.

      Now, as I personally declined to do Single Rapier
      Authorizations at practice in the past, I personally
      will not do Single Authorizations at practice for the
      duration of my term as KRM. This is in respect to
      those I denied the chance to Authorize at practice in
      the past. My apologies for the inconvenience I caused
      those people, and I'm glad to hear all of you are
      Authorized now. I encourage all other Marshals to NOT
      keep the same limitations and to follow the spirit and
      the letter of the rules, under your good judgement as
      a Marshal and fair appraisal of the skill of the
      potential applicant.

      Please contact me if you have any questions or
      concerns. In service I remain,

      Senor Mateo de Merida

      KRM for Ealdormere
      Scholar of the Ealdormere Academy of Defence

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.