Re: [E_Rapier] Trillies

    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2013
      On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...> wrote:

      > GIOVANNI, where are people with spears?

      There are currently no people with spears. Only 2 people requested to
      participate in the experiment and to the best of my knowledge they have not
      gotten around to actually making spears yet.

      --g

    • Aaron Miedema
      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2013
        Well, that would be my bad. I'll see if I have time to put something
        together in the coming weeks.

        On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...> wrote:
        >
        > > GIOVANNI, where are people with spears?
        > >

        > There are currently no people with spears. Only 2 people requested to
        > participate in the experiment and to the best of my knowledge they have not
        > gotten around to actually making spears yet.
        >
        > --g

        Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
        Historian
        http://www.21brothers.com/* Guiness Book of World Records* Holder for
        "Longest film shot in a single take."
        **

      • Tara England
        Message 3 of 6 , May 28, 2013
          I would be willing to give spears and spear making a try. I used to play with one as a kid.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2013
            If you would like to be part of the Ealdormere "Spear in Rapier"
            experiment, please email me (jenzinas@...) with the details of who
            you are, where you practice and how you are going to make the spear. Once
            you start practising with the spear or using it at events, I will need
            regular (I think I asked for once a week in my initial email) reports on
            how it's going, ideally with information about 1) how your calibration is,
            2) how your opponents are calibrating back, 3) how your spear is holding up
            to the rigours of combat. As this is an experimental form your opponent can
            request that you change weapons and a MIC can bar them from tournament.

            Since we are talking about definitions (and i will get around to responding
            to that thread eventually), the working definition I am going to go with
            for this experiment is a list legal fencing weapon with a handle more than
            ~2'/60cm long.

            --g