Re: [E_Rapier] Trillies

  • Gavin Lusk
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2013
      Sadly, my current situation means it's unlikely I'll be able to be there,
      so no moot - I'll be trying again later in the summer, however. Shall see
      how/if things improve.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2013
        On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...> wrote:

        > GIOVANNI, where are people with spears?

        There are currently no people with spears. Only 2 people requested to
        participate in the experiment and to the best of my knowledge they have not
        gotten around to actually making spears yet.

        --g

      • Aaron Miedema
        Message 3 of 6 , May 27, 2013
          Well, that would be my bad. I'll see if I have time to put something
          together in the coming weeks.

          On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...> wrote:
          >
          > > GIOVANNI, where are people with spears?
          > >

          > There are currently no people with spears. Only 2 people requested to
          > participate in the experiment and to the best of my knowledge they have not
          > gotten around to actually making spears yet.
          >
          > --g

          Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
          Historian
          http://www.21brothers.com/* Guiness Book of World Records* Holder for
          "Longest film shot in a single take."
          **

        • Tara England
          Message 4 of 6 , May 28, 2013
            I would be willing to give spears and spear making a try. I used to play with one as a kid.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 6 , May 29, 2013
              If you would like to be part of the Ealdormere "Spear in Rapier"
              experiment, please email me (jenzinas@...) with the details of who
              you are, where you practice and how you are going to make the spear. Once
              you start practising with the spear or using it at events, I will need
              regular (I think I asked for once a week in my initial email) reports on
              how it's going, ideally with information about 1) how your calibration is,
              2) how your opponents are calibrating back, 3) how your spear is holding up
              to the rigours of combat. As this is an experimental form your opponent can
              request that you change weapons and a MIC can bar them from tournament.

              Since we are talking about definitions (and i will get around to responding
              to that thread eventually), the working definition I am going to go with
              for this experiment is a list legal fencing weapon with a handle more than
              ~2'/60cm long.

              --g