Trillies

  • Aaron Miedema
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2013
      Hi all...

      My summer calendar has opened up, and so I'll be MICing at Trillies
      afterall.

      So I am putting a call out to anyone who has anything they would like to
      see at Trillies.

      Tourney ideas / moots / classes... If people want to do something I will
      endeavour to find you space and time. Oh GAVIN? We having a moot? Or are
      we having a moot without you? =)

      I'm game for any and everything.

      I have walked the new site for the event, and we have a good sized list.
      With ample bathroom facilities and showers directly adjacent.

      In addition to this there is a smaller "presentation" list that we are
      encouraged to put things in (this is a list being shared with both heavy
      and youth). So, perhaps: a By the Book Tourney, perhaps demos of some
      sort, cut and thrust, longsword. GIOVANNI, where are people with spears?
      YOSHI need anything for the EAOD?

      It is also possible to get some of the ample A and S space for classes if I
      ask nicely. =)

      We don't have a woods battle, the wooded areas are very wooded, or low
      lying and swampy.

      That being said there is a 2 kilometer or so long trail through the
      woods with several entry points that goes around the camping area. I've
      talked to the autocrat, and he is happy to let us have the entire space for
      an entire day if we want it.

      Anyone have any ideas?

      --
      Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
      Historian

    • Gavin Lusk
      Message 2 of 6 , May 27, 2013
        Sadly, my current situation means it's unlikely I'll be able to be there,
        so no moot - I'll be trying again later in the summer, however. Shall see
        how/if things improve.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 27, 2013
          On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...> wrote:

          > GIOVANNI, where are people with spears?

          There are currently no people with spears. Only 2 people requested to
          participate in the experiment and to the best of my knowledge they have not
          gotten around to actually making spears yet.

          --g

        • Aaron Miedema
          Message 4 of 6 , May 27, 2013
            Well, that would be my bad. I'll see if I have time to put something
            together in the coming weeks.

            On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM, John Enzinas <jenzinas@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Aaron Miedema <govianus@...> wrote:
            >
            > > GIOVANNI, where are people with spears?
            > >

            > There are currently no people with spears. Only 2 people requested to
            > participate in the experiment and to the best of my knowledge they have not
            > gotten around to actually making spears yet.
            >
            > --g

            Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
            Historian
            http://www.21brothers.com/* Guiness Book of World Records* Holder for
            "Longest film shot in a single take."
            **

          • Tara England
            Message 5 of 6 , May 28, 2013
              I would be willing to give spears and spear making a try. I used to play with one as a kid.

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2013
                If you would like to be part of the Ealdormere "Spear in Rapier"
                experiment, please email me (jenzinas@...) with the details of who
                you are, where you practice and how you are going to make the spear. Once
                you start practising with the spear or using it at events, I will need
                regular (I think I asked for once a week in my initial email) reports on
                how it's going, ideally with information about 1) how your calibration is,
                2) how your opponents are calibrating back, 3) how your spear is holding up
                to the rigours of combat. As this is an experimental form your opponent can
                request that you change weapons and a MIC can bar them from tournament.

                Since we are talking about definitions (and i will get around to responding
                to that thread eventually), the working definition I am going to go with
                for this experiment is a list legal fencing weapon with a handle more than
                ~2'/60cm long.

                --g