Toronto practices

  • Bob Roberts
    Message 1 of 7 , May 15 10:48 AM
      Hi Toronto fencers. I am a fencer from Ottawa and I was wondering if there are any practices held in Toronto on any of the evenings from June 9th-11th. I am going to be in town for a conference and I could mingle with my colleagues or, possibly get to fence new people. I am really hoping for the latter.

    • Aaron Miedema
      Message 2 of 7 , May 15 2:00 PM
        Well there is the practice in Ardcreag on Mondays, that's a cut and thrust
        practice. There might be some sort of fencing type gethering in High Park
        on the Sunday. And there is always our back yard. =)

        Be good to see you again, it has been a long long time.

        On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Bob Roberts <maskkasm@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Toronto fencers. I am a fencer from Ottawa and I was wondering if there
        > are any practices held in Toronto on any of the evenings from June
        > 9th-11th. I am going to be in town for a conference and I could mingle with
        > my colleagues or, possibly get to fence new people. I am really hoping for
        > the latter.

        Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
        Historian
        http://www.21brothers.com/* Guiness Book of World Records* Holder for
        "Longest film shot in a single take."
        **

      • Bob Roberts
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15 5:51 PM
          That's awesome! The conference is being held near Union Station and most of the workshops/presentations finish around 5, so I will be ready to fence anytime after that. My only concern would be getting to and from the practices in a timely fashion. As for cut and thrust...just tell me where and when!

          Feel free to PM me to give me the details (or where to find them).

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , May 15 5:55 PM
            Well, Ardcreag is in Ajax, but, we are able to pick up from Kennedy subway
            station and drive there and back. Our house all told is about 45 min and
            hour from down town. We have lots of armoury, so we can kit you out, but
            you might want your own jacket/gorget and maybe mask. But, if you want to
            leave off weapons, I can cover you there.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15 6:32 PM
              What time is the practice? I was planning to pick up a golf travel bag for transporting my kit.

              Are the practices in High Park on Sundays in the evening? I would be game for fencing all three nights if possible.

              Cheers!

              Message 6 of 7 , May 16 5:22 AM
                High Park is only something that might happen. I'll make noises to the
                right people and see if anything comes of it. Otherwise, there is always
                my back yard. =)

                Message 7 of 7 , May 16 6:39 AM
                  Just let me know when and where.

                  I will PM you with a bit more details later today.

                  Cheers!