Re: Rapier at FOOL

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2013
      Are thier any descriptions of these class contents available?

      Message 2 of 7 , May 10, 2013
        On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Yvonne <tamlin_01@...> wrote:
        Wow, time flies some weeks!

        > Are thier any descriptions of these class contents available?

        Let me know if this provides sufficient clarity:

        >> Rapier at FOOL includes:
        >> Saturday 10 am - 11 am: Dagger class with Eyrny

        Active class on Eyrny's favourite techniques with the dagger. Come in
        full kit. Not based on a particular period master.

        >> Saturday 11 am - noon: Pick-up fights
        >>
        >> Sunday 10 am - noon: Sword & Buckler class by Giovanni

        The class description on the site says: i.33 Sword and Buckler An
        introduction to the basics of the oldest recorded fighting style.

        >> Sunday 1 pm: Using triangles while parrying: making contact with your
        >> opponent's blade, and keeping it while you kill them (Eyrny)

        Again an active class, come in kit. Not based on a particular period master.

        I thoroughly admire the study of period masters, but I've only
        frustrated myself in attempting it from books. My classes will be
        based on what I do.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 7, 2014
          Life and work has been keeping me busy, and I am slow to organize
          rapier at FOOL. Thus we have the following:

          We have space both Saturday and Sunday from 10 - 5. Saturday from 10
          - 12 Baron Giovanni will be teaching Harnessfecten (for more details:
          http://angryhat.com/fool/?page_id=154)

          I will be teaching German Longsword through the wonders of technology.
          We will watch The Longsword of Johannes Liechtenauer as taught by the
          Agilitas.tv, on a laptop, pause and work through the exercises,
          discuss, and repeat. (Information on the video:
          http://www.freelanceacademypress.com/ochslongsworddvd.aspx) Please
          bring a 2-handed sword if you have one. Your arms and armour will
          dictate how you practice.

          Saturday at 12:30, all fencers please meet to discuss the best times
          to have tournaments and when to have the longsword class. I'll try to
          accommodate interest in the rapier classes and tournaments and other
          classes. (If you aren't available Sat at 12:30, please email me.)

          Message 4 of 7 , May 13, 2014
            On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:
             Saturday from 10 - 12 Baron Giovanni will be teaching Harnessfecten (for more details:
            http://angryhat.com/fool/?page_id=154)

            Is anyone planning on taking this class?

            --g
          • Beath├ín MacFinnon
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2014
              I'd like to.