Rapier at FOOL

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2013
      Fruits of our Labours (FOOL) is May 17th - 20th in Ayr Ontario, about
      15 minutes from the Crown Tourney site on Saturday the 18th.
      http://angryhat.com/fool/

      Rapier at FOOL includes:
      Saturday 10 am - 11 am: Dagger class with Eyrny
      Saturday 11 am - noon: Pick-up fights

      Sunday 10 am - noon: Sword & Buckler class by Giovanni

      Sunday 1 pm: Using triangles while parrying: making contact with your
      opponent's blade, and keeping it while you kill them (Eyrny)

      Sunday 2:30 pm: Rapier Tournament: format to be determined by
      participants (Eyrny)

      As I understand it, Crown Tournament is having a rapier tournament
      starting at 1 pm on Saturday
      http://ealdormere.ca/crown/index.html

      If you attend both events, your site token from one will get you a
      discount at the other.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2013
        Are thier any descriptions of these class contents available?

        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2013
          On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Yvonne <tamlin_01@...> wrote:
          Wow, time flies some weeks!

          > Are thier any descriptions of these class contents available?

          Let me know if this provides sufficient clarity:

          >> Rapier at FOOL includes:
          >> Saturday 10 am - 11 am: Dagger class with Eyrny

          Active class on Eyrny's favourite techniques with the dagger. Come in
          full kit. Not based on a particular period master.

          >> Saturday 11 am - noon: Pick-up fights
          >>
          >> Sunday 10 am - noon: Sword & Buckler class by Giovanni

          The class description on the site says: i.33 Sword and Buckler An
          introduction to the basics of the oldest recorded fighting style.

          >> Sunday 1 pm: Using triangles while parrying: making contact with your
          >> opponent's blade, and keeping it while you kill them (Eyrny)

          Again an active class, come in kit. Not based on a particular period master.

          I thoroughly admire the study of period masters, but I've only
          frustrated myself in attempting it from books. My classes will be
          based on what I do.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 7, 2014
            Life and work has been keeping me busy, and I am slow to organize
            rapier at FOOL. Thus we have the following:

            We have space both Saturday and Sunday from 10 - 5. Saturday from 10
            - 12 Baron Giovanni will be teaching Harnessfecten (for more details:
            http://angryhat.com/fool/?page_id=154)

            I will be teaching German Longsword through the wonders of technology.
            We will watch The Longsword of Johannes Liechtenauer as taught by the
            Agilitas.tv, on a laptop, pause and work through the exercises,
            discuss, and repeat. (Information on the video:
            http://www.freelanceacademypress.com/ochslongsworddvd.aspx) Please
            bring a 2-handed sword if you have one. Your arms and armour will
            dictate how you practice.

            Saturday at 12:30, all fencers please meet to discuss the best times
            to have tournaments and when to have the longsword class. I'll try to
            accommodate interest in the rapier classes and tournaments and other
            classes. (If you aren't available Sat at 12:30, please email me.)

            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2014
              On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Kathleen Gormanshaw <kgormanshaw@...> wrote:
               Saturday from 10 - 12 Baron Giovanni will be teaching Harnessfecten (for more details:
              http://angryhat.com/fool/?page_id=154)

              Is anyone planning on taking this class?

              --g
            • Beath├ín MacFinnon
              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2014
                I'd like to.