Re: Events and Cards and Stamps, oh my!

  • Gareth
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 8, 2013
      If we send you our card and go to an event prior to getting it back from you.
      How do we participate?
      Is there some sort of print out IOU a card?

      Just asking?

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Larry Tremblay <lrt512@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks,
      >
      > 2013 hasn't been the kindest to me so far, with a few "drop everything NOW"
      > moments to keep things exciting, and SCA had pretty much fallen off my
      > radar. Because of that distraction, I've been pretty delinquent in getting
      > new cards out and getting to events to stamp cards.
      >
      > Things have finally settled down mostly, and I can give attention to the
      > SCA again. I have two cards in my hand right now (Guillaume Dangeau and
      > Gavin Briare) that will be mailed out tomorrow morning first thing.
      > Apologies for the delay.
      >
      > The next event that I am certain to be attending will be Murder Melee, so
      > if you need a card stamped, send it to me:
      >
      > 910-261 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 0G3
      >
      > If you have sent me a card, or I owe you a card, please drop me an email
      > privately to get sorted out.
      >
      > Lars

    • Larry Tremblay
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2013
        Just send me an email, we'll work something out.

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2013
          > On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Gareth <gareth.rapier@...> wrote:
          >> If we send you our card and go to an event prior to getting it back from
          >> you.
          >> How do we participate?
          >> Is there some sort of print out IOU a card?

          The expiry date form found here
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
          authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
          temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
          authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
          person.

          Eyrny
        • Larry Tremblay
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9, 2013
            Right, or that. There's a card renewal form attached to the most current
            version of the rapier rules, too (
            http://www.ealdormere.ca/uploads/docs/2012/ealdormere_rapier_combat_handbook_2012.pdf
            )

            On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
            <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > > On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Gareth <gareth.rapier@...> wrote:
            > >> If we send you our card and go to an event prior to getting it back from
            > >> you.
            > >> How do we participate?
            > >> Is there some sort of print out IOU a card?
            >
            > The expiry date form found here
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
            > authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
            > temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
            > authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
            > person.

          • Nicholas J. Corkigian
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9, 2013
              Is the renewal form currently the only way to get cards renewed? I was
              planning to go to Lady Mary this weekend just for that purpose, but wasn't
              sure if I could get mine (and my lady's) cards stamped there.

              -Nikolai

              On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Larry Tremblay <lrt512@...> wrote:

              > Right, or that. There's a card renewal form attached to the most current
              > version of the rapier rules, too (
              >
              > http://www.ealdormere.ca/uploads/docs/2012/ealdormere_rapier_combat_handbook_2012.pdf
              > )
              >

              > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
              > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
              >
              > > **

              > from
              > >
              > > The expiry date form found here
              > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
              > > authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
              > > temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
              > > authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
              > > person.
              > >
              > > Eyrny

            • Gavin Lusk
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2013
                You can email Lars (lrt512@...) and see where and when he'll be. He
                has the stamp.

                On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Nicholas J. Corkigian <
                doctormobius@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Is the renewal form currently the only way to get cards renewed? I was
                > planning to go to Lady Mary this weekend just for that purpose, but wasn't
                > sure if I could get mine (and my lady's) cards stamped there.
                >
                > -Nikolai
                >
                > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Larry Tremblay <lrt512@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Right, or that. There's a card renewal form attached to the most current
                > > version of the rapier rules, too (
                > >

                > http://www.ealdormere.ca/uploads/docs/2012/ealdormere_rapier_combat_handbook_2012.pdf
                > > )
                > >

                > > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
                > > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
                > >
                > > > **

                > > from
                > > >
                > > > The expiry date form found here
                > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
                > > > authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
                > > > temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
                > > > authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
                > > > person.
                > > >
                > > > Eyrny

              • Larry Tremblay
                Message 7 of 10 , May 10, 2013
                  This is a good moment to mention my new address. Card renewal forms can be
                  sent to me:

                  31 Howes Street,
                  Ajax, ON L1T 3V5

                  Lars

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 10, 2013
                    Lars, do you have a rough idea of what events you'll be able to attend this summer?
                    Thanks,Cainder

                    Kelly Wyatt/Cainder ingen hui Chatharnaig
                    trilliumherald@...

                    To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 23, 2013
                      On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Kelly Wyatt <k.wyatt59@...> wrote:

                      > Lars, do you have a rough idea of what events you'll be able to attend
                      > this summer?

                      I will be at Melee (until Saturday evening), Trillies, Pennsic, and Baron's
                      Howe.

                      It is almost certain that I'll be at the Septentrian practice this Saturday
                      (25th)

                      I will NOT be at Pikeman's or Summer Siege

                      Lars