Events and Cards and Stamps, oh my!

  • Larry Tremblay
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 14, 2013
      Hi folks,

      2013 hasn't been the kindest to me so far, with a few "drop everything NOW"
      moments to keep things exciting, and SCA had pretty much fallen off my
      radar. Because of that distraction, I've been pretty delinquent in getting
      new cards out and getting to events to stamp cards.

      Things have finally settled down mostly, and I can give attention to the
      SCA again. I have two cards in my hand right now (Guillaume Dangeau and
      Gavin Briare) that will be mailed out tomorrow morning first thing.
      Apologies for the delay.

      The next event that I am certain to be attending will be Murder Melee, so
      if you need a card stamped, send it to me:

      910-261 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 0G3

      If you have sent me a card, or I owe you a card, please drop me an email
      privately to get sorted out.

      Lars

    • Gareth
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 8 7:02 AM
        If we send you our card and go to an event prior to getting it back from you.
        How do we participate?
        Is there some sort of print out IOU a card?

        Just asking?

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Larry Tremblay <lrt512@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks,
        >
        > 2013 hasn't been the kindest to me so far, with a few "drop everything NOW"
        > moments to keep things exciting, and SCA had pretty much fallen off my
        > radar. Because of that distraction, I've been pretty delinquent in getting
        > new cards out and getting to events to stamp cards.
        >
        > Things have finally settled down mostly, and I can give attention to the
        > SCA again. I have two cards in my hand right now (Guillaume Dangeau and
        > Gavin Briare) that will be mailed out tomorrow morning first thing.
        > Apologies for the delay.
        >
        > The next event that I am certain to be attending will be Murder Melee, so
        > if you need a card stamped, send it to me:
        >
        > 910-261 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 0G3
        >
        > If you have sent me a card, or I owe you a card, please drop me an email
        > privately to get sorted out.
        >
        > Lars

      • Larry Tremblay
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9 5:45 AM
          Just send me an email, we'll work something out.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9 6:06 AM
            > On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Gareth <gareth.rapier@...> wrote:
            >> If we send you our card and go to an event prior to getting it back from
            >> you.
            >> How do we participate?
            >> Is there some sort of print out IOU a card?

            The expiry date form found here
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
            authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
            temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
            authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
            person.

            Eyrny
          • Larry Tremblay
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 9 6:30 AM
              Right, or that. There's a card renewal form attached to the most current
              version of the rapier rules, too (
              http://www.ealdormere.ca/uploads/docs/2012/ealdormere_rapier_combat_handbook_2012.pdf
              )

              On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
              <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > > On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Gareth <gareth.rapier@...> wrote:
              > >> If we send you our card and go to an event prior to getting it back from
              > >> you.
              > >> How do we participate?
              > >> Is there some sort of print out IOU a card?
              >
              > The expiry date form found here
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
              > authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
              > temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
              > authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
              > person.

            • Nicholas J. Corkigian
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2013
                Is the renewal form currently the only way to get cards renewed? I was
                planning to go to Lady Mary this weekend just for that purpose, but wasn't
                sure if I could get mine (and my lady's) cards stamped there.

                -Nikolai

                On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Larry Tremblay <lrt512@...> wrote:

                > Right, or that. There's a card renewal form attached to the most current
                > version of the rapier rules, too (
                >
                > http://www.ealdormere.ca/uploads/docs/2012/ealdormere_rapier_combat_handbook_2012.pdf
                > )
                >

                > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
                > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
                >
                > > **

                > from
                > >
                > > The expiry date form found here
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
                > > authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
                > > temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
                > > authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
                > > person.
                > >
                > > Eyrny

              • Gavin Lusk
                Message 7 of 10 , May 9, 2013
                  You can email Lars (lrt512@...) and see where and when he'll be. He
                  has the stamp.

                  On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Nicholas J. Corkigian <
                  doctormobius@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Is the renewal form currently the only way to get cards renewed? I was
                  > planning to go to Lady Mary this weekend just for that purpose, but wasn't
                  > sure if I could get mine (and my lady's) cards stamped there.
                  >
                  > -Nikolai
                  >
                  > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Larry Tremblay <lrt512@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Right, or that. There's a card renewal form attached to the most current
                  > > version of the rapier rules, too (
                  > >

                  > http://www.ealdormere.ca/uploads/docs/2012/ealdormere_rapier_combat_handbook_2012.pdf
                  > > )
                  > >

                  > > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Kathleen Gormanshaw
                  > > <kgormanshaw@...>wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > **

                  > > from
                  > > >
                  > > > The expiry date form found here
                  > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E_Rapier/files/ is similar to an
                  > > > authorization form in that it has two parts. You keep one as a
                  > > > temporary authorization card and send the other half with your
                  > > > authorization card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the list
                  > > > person.
                  > > >
                  > > > Eyrny

                • Larry Tremblay
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 10, 2013
                    This is a good moment to mention my new address. Card renewal forms can be
                    sent to me:

                    31 Howes Street,
                    Ajax, ON L1T 3V5

                    Lars

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 10, 2013
                      Lars, do you have a rough idea of what events you'll be able to attend this summer?
                      Thanks,Cainder

                      Kelly Wyatt/Cainder ingen hui Chatharnaig
                      trilliumherald@...

                      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 23, 2013
                        On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Kelly Wyatt <k.wyatt59@...> wrote:

                        > Lars, do you have a rough idea of what events you'll be able to attend
                        > this summer?

                        I will be at Melee (until Saturday evening), Trillies, Pennsic, and Baron's
                        Howe.

                        It is almost certain that I'll be at the Septentrian practice this Saturday
                        (25th)

                        I will NOT be at Pikeman's or Summer Siege

                        Lars