U of G College Royal

  • EVE HARRIS
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013

      This year the University of Guelph is holding its College Royal on the weekend of March 16th and 17th. The Canton of Der Welfengau, in conjuction with the University of Guelph Medieval and Renaissance Society (UGMRS) will be holding a demo both days, going from 9 am to 5 pm on Saturday and 9 am to 4 pm on Sunday. Over the previous two years we have had a dispaly table of books and cool stuff as well as demonstrations of fencing, armoured combat and dancing. There have also been people working on various A&S projects. Over the two days hundreds of people come by and check us out. Any help we could get for those days would be greatly appreciated. This is a great opportunity for the SCA to show its stuff to a large audience and it's also a good opportunity to fence/fight/dance your brains out. There's also a lot of other things happening a College Royal for all ages. Here is a link to their site:

      http://www.collegeroyalsociety.com/

      If anyone is interested please let me know, Also, if you'd like to post this to other lists to boost the signal, please feel free to. The last two years the demo has won 3rd place in the clubs display category, maybe we can beat that this year.

      Yours in Service