Rapier Moot Rules

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13 5:26 PM
      Some time ago I volunteered to out KRM, Gavin, the list space to hold a rapier Moot at VDM and to facilitate the discussion. As Facilitator I will be acting as a referee to the discussion. The following rules are meant to give the discussion structure.

      1.The Rapier Moot is scheduled for 15 mins after evening Kingdom Court. Please be prompt to attend.

      2.The Moot is 60 mins in duration. During which participants within or in support of the Rapier community are encouraged to voice concerns, as a Speaker.

      3. Speakers are to declare themselves to the Facilitator prior to the Rapier Moot, no later than Noon Feb 16th, 2013. If you are interested in speaking at the Moot please email Jocelyn Cranewall, the Facilitator, at tamlin01@....

      4. Speakers will have 3 minutes of un-interrupted time to speak freely or read from a prepared statement. After which the group will be invited to ask questions of the speaker for another 3 mins. Questions will be asked at the invitation of the Facilitator. if you are not able to make the Moot, you may prepare a statement and have it read out for you.

      5.Be courteous and polite while a speaker is presenting or a question is being asked. Refrain from conducting side conversations.

      6. As the 60 minutes limits the discussion to 10 speakers, first one being the KRM, the following 9 speakers will be invited to speak in an order determined by the Facilitator.

      7.Topics for other SCA Officials, and not for this moot, include Insurance coverage and Liability. These are legal matters and are under the Seneschal's office, being the legal representation in the Kingdom. Please direct all questions respecting these topics to your local Seneschal.

      8. Remember this is the first of many moots planned by the KRM. If a particular discussion topic of interest is not raised there will be future opportunities for it to be addressed. Please see the
      KRM respecting these after the Moot has concluded.

      Regards,
      THL Jocelyn Cranewall
      VDM MIC
    • Tara England
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14 9:06 AM
        Great Job organizing this so that a lot of discussion can take place in a
        short time! :)

        Thanks!

        Ellaire de Troyes