Practice info

  • maniac12ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
      Greetings my Lords and Ladies,

      I am a fencer from An Tir and am looking for information with regards to practices, locations, times, and such. I have attempted to use the website but I've had some difficulty getting response.

      I am in the Barrie area on the base and am looking to find out when and where the nearest practices are. I'd also like to see if anyone is willing to meet on Non-official SCA practice days for some drill/slow work.

      I look forward to learning all that I can from fighters of another kingdom, any help in this matter is appreciated.

      Yours in Service,

      Rafaello Della Rosa.
    • Aaron Miedema
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
        We have Skeldergate / North York on Thursdays... that is probably the
        closest. And we could always use another blade. =) Although there is no
        practice tomorrow.

        The Heavy Weapons practice is also Rapier friendly...

        http://www.ealdormere.ca/skeldergate/index_files/page0002.htm

        --
        Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
        Historian

      • Mike H.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
          Weekdays are harder for me to get to due to the intensive course load I have right now. I would love to attend if I can manage the time. Is the Rapier spot the same as the heavy in Unionville?

          Thanks for the Response!

          Mike.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
            Yup... it is the same as the Heavy.

            As to weekend practices... Kingston, Ottawa, Peterborough... There
            nothing else I know of.... although what lies beyond Kitchener-Waterloo
            is beyond my knowledge. But, it also may be beyond your schedule. =)

          • Tara England
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
              Don't forget the event in Barrie this weekend!
              http://www.newembassy.webs.com/
              Lots of opportunity to connect with other rapier aficionados.

              Ellaire