Re: [E_Rapier] Perforated Steel

  • Bob Roberts
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
      Thanks for the help.

      Has anyone explored the strength/resilience of ABS plastic for fencing helms? There is a decent ABS helmet sold in Europe (1/8th inch thick) - http://web.emerytelcom.net/users/blhunt/helm.htm.

      I was wondering if 1/6th or 1/4th inch thickness would be better for a cut and thrust fencing helm. Any thoughts?

      Cheers!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
        Wait a moment, is that you Sans Sombrero?!?!?

        On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Bob Roberts <maskkasm@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Has anyone explored the strength/resilience of ABS plastic for fencing
        > helms? There is a decent ABS helmet sold in Europe (1/8th inch thick) -
        > http://web.emerytelcom.net/users/blhunt/helm.htm.
        >
        > I was wondering if 1/6th or 1/4th inch thickness would be better for a cut
        > and thrust fencing helm. Any thoughts?
        >
        > Cheers!
        >
        > ________________________________

        Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
        Historian
        http://www.21brothers.com/
        **

      • Bob Roberts
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
          Yup. How's everything in Kingston? I took a few years off and I am getting back into fencing.

          Cheers!

        • Aaron Miedema
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
            Just a few years? Let's see... six years? I've done an MA and now I'm
            doing my PhD at York.... so... I'm now living in the mighty Scarberia,
            but, if you find your way down to this end of the world, look me up. =)

            On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Bob Roberts <maskkasm@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Yup. How's everything in Kingston? I took a few years off and I am
            > getting back into fencing.
            >

            > Cheers!

            Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
            Historian