Re: [E_Rapier] Perforated Steel

  • Aaron Miedema
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2012
      Guillame / Wayne might know of some, it he on this list? If so, does Barry
      have some?

      --
      Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
      Historian

    • Anthropicus Panthera Morphous
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2012
        Good call, I'll pass the message along. I know he bought some a while back.

        Wayne

        On 09/11/2012 3:06 PM, Aaron Miedema wrote:
        > Guillame / Wayne might know of some, it he on this list? If so, does Barry
        > have some?
        >
        > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM, maskkasm<maskkasm@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> I apologize ahead of time if I am breaking an unspoken rule but...I was
        >> wondering if there is anyone in the Ottawa area that may have fencing legal
        >> perforated steel that they would be willing to part with/sell.
        >>
        >> I am attempting to make/acquire two styles of helmet for cut and thrust.
        >> One will be just an addition to my fencing mask and the second will be
        >> something a bit different (a true experiment). I will need enough
        >> perforated steel to cover the front section of a "bevor-type" face guard
        >> from the brow level to about the mouth level.
        >>
        >> Let me know if you have some and then we can try to arrange some way of
        >> completing the transaction.
        >>
        >> Cheers!

      • Bob Roberts
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
          Thanks for the help.

          Has anyone explored the strength/resilience of ABS plastic for fencing helms? There is a decent ABS helmet sold in Europe (1/8th inch thick) - http://web.emerytelcom.net/users/blhunt/helm.htm.

          I was wondering if 1/6th or 1/4th inch thickness would be better for a cut and thrust fencing helm. Any thoughts?

          Cheers!

          ________________________________
          Good call, I'll pass the message along. I know he bought some a while back.

          Wayne

          On 09/11/2012 3:06 PM, Aaron Miedema wrote:
          > Guillame / Wayne might know of some, it he on this list? If so, does Barry
          > have some?
          >
          > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM, maskkasm<maskkasm@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> I apologize ahead of time if I am breaking an unspoken rule but...I was
          >> wondering if there is anyone in the Ottawa area that may have fencing legal
          >> perforated steel that they would be willing to part with/sell.
          >>
          >> I am attempting to make/acquire two styles of helmet for cut and thrust.
          >> One will be just an addition to my fencing mask and the second will be
          >> something a bit different (a true experiment). I will need enough
          >> perforated steel to cover the front section of a "bevor-type" face guard
          >> from the brow level to about the mouth level.
          >>
          >> Let me know if you have some and then we can try to arrange some way of
          >> completing the transaction.
          >>
          >> Cheers!

        • Aaron Miedema
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
            Wait a moment, is that you Sans Sombrero?!?!?

            On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Bob Roberts <maskkasm@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Thanks for the help.
            >
            > Has anyone explored the strength/resilience of ABS plastic for fencing
            > helms? There is a decent ABS helmet sold in Europe (1/8th inch thick) -
            > http://web.emerytelcom.net/users/blhunt/helm.htm.
            >
            > I was wondering if 1/6th or 1/4th inch thickness would be better for a cut
            > and thrust fencing helm. Any thoughts?
            >
            > Cheers!
            >
            > ________________________________

            Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
            Historian
            http://www.21brothers.com/
            **

          • Bob Roberts
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
              Yup. How's everything in Kingston? I took a few years off and I am getting back into fencing.

              Cheers!

            • Aaron Miedema
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
                Just a few years? Let's see... six years? I've done an MA and now I'm
                doing my PhD at York.... so... I'm now living in the mighty Scarberia,
                but, if you find your way down to this end of the world, look me up. =)

                On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Bob Roberts <maskkasm@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Yup. How's everything in Kingston? I took a few years off and I am
                > getting back into fencing.
                >

                > Cheers!

                Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
                Historian