Perforated Steel

  • maskkasm
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2012
      I apologize ahead of time if I am breaking an unspoken rule but...I was wondering if there is anyone in the Ottawa area that may have fencing legal perforated steel that they would be willing to part with/sell.

      I am attempting to make/acquire two styles of helmet for cut and thrust. One will be just an addition to my fencing mask and the second will be something a bit different (a true experiment). I will need enough perforated steel to cover the front section of a "bevor-type" face guard from the brow level to about the mouth level.

      Let me know if you have some and then we can try to arrange some way of completing the transaction.

      Cheers!
    • Aaron Miedema
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2012
        Guillame / Wayne might know of some, it he on this list? If so, does Barry
        have some?

        --
        Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
        Historian

      • Anthropicus Panthera Morphous
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2012
          Good call, I'll pass the message along. I know he bought some a while back.

          Wayne

          On 09/11/2012 3:06 PM, Aaron Miedema wrote:
          > Guillame / Wayne might know of some, it he on this list? If so, does Barry
          > have some?
          >
          > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM, maskkasm<maskkasm@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> I apologize ahead of time if I am breaking an unspoken rule but...I was
          >> wondering if there is anyone in the Ottawa area that may have fencing legal
          >> perforated steel that they would be willing to part with/sell.
          >>
          >> I am attempting to make/acquire two styles of helmet for cut and thrust.
          >> One will be just an addition to my fencing mask and the second will be
          >> something a bit different (a true experiment). I will need enough
          >> perforated steel to cover the front section of a "bevor-type" face guard
          >> from the brow level to about the mouth level.
          >>
          >> Let me know if you have some and then we can try to arrange some way of
          >> completing the transaction.
          >>
          >> Cheers!

        • Bob Roberts
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
            Thanks for the help.

            Has anyone explored the strength/resilience of ABS plastic for fencing helms? There is a decent ABS helmet sold in Europe (1/8th inch thick) - http://web.emerytelcom.net/users/blhunt/helm.htm.

            I was wondering if 1/6th or 1/4th inch thickness would be better for a cut and thrust fencing helm. Any thoughts?

            Cheers!

            ________________________________
            Good call, I'll pass the message along. I know he bought some a while back.

            Wayne

            On 09/11/2012 3:06 PM, Aaron Miedema wrote:
            > Guillame / Wayne might know of some, it he on this list? If so, does Barry
            > have some?
            >
            > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM, maskkasm<maskkasm@...> wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> I apologize ahead of time if I am breaking an unspoken rule but...I was
            >> wondering if there is anyone in the Ottawa area that may have fencing legal
            >> perforated steel that they would be willing to part with/sell.
            >>
            >> I am attempting to make/acquire two styles of helmet for cut and thrust.
            >> One will be just an addition to my fencing mask and the second will be
            >> something a bit different (a true experiment). I will need enough
            >> perforated steel to cover the front section of a "bevor-type" face guard
            >> from the brow level to about the mouth level.
            >>
            >> Let me know if you have some and then we can try to arrange some way of
            >> completing the transaction.
            >>
            >> Cheers!

          • Aaron Miedema
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
              Wait a moment, is that you Sans Sombrero?!?!?

              On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Bob Roberts <maskkasm@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Thanks for the help.
              >
              > Has anyone explored the strength/resilience of ABS plastic for fencing
              > helms? There is a decent ABS helmet sold in Europe (1/8th inch thick) -
              > http://web.emerytelcom.net/users/blhunt/helm.htm.
              >
              > I was wondering if 1/6th or 1/4th inch thickness would be better for a cut
              > and thrust fencing helm. Any thoughts?
              >
              > Cheers!
              >
              > ________________________________

              Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
              Historian
              http://www.21brothers.com/
              **

            • Bob Roberts
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
                Yup. How's everything in Kingston? I took a few years off and I am getting back into fencing.

                Cheers!

              • Aaron Miedema
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
                  Just a few years? Let's see... six years? I've done an MA and now I'm
                  doing my PhD at York.... so... I'm now living in the mighty Scarberia,
                  but, if you find your way down to this end of the world, look me up. =)

                  On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Bob Roberts <maskkasm@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Yup. How's everything in Kingston? I took a few years off and I am
                  > getting back into fencing.
                  >

                  > Cheers!

                  Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
                  Historian