Forward Into the Past

  • EVE HARRIS
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 24, 2012

      I know that this symposium is not happening until April 6th, but I thought I'd put the bug in people's ears now. I'm going to be attending and I'm hoping to run a rapier demo as part of an overall SCA presence at the event. I figured I'd start asking now so people could check their calendars well ahead of time. It currently does not conflict with any SCA events, at least according to the current version of the calendar. I'm looking two to three gentles to help me out, and maybe spend some time sitting at the SCA table. I think this is a really neat event, and a great opportunity to learn some cool stuff. I'm planning on teaching one or two classes, probably doing an upated version of my class on sword hilts from the late 15th c. to the late 16th c.

      Please let me know if you can help out.

      FITP website:

       http://www.treheima.ca/fitp/

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 24, 2012
        I'm interested..but will have to get back to you closer to the event

        Jocelyn

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, EVE HARRIS <evedave1@...> wrote:

        > Greetings!
        >
        > I know that this symposium is not happening until April 6th, but I thought I'd put the bug in people's ears now. I'm going to be attending and I'm hoping to run a rapier demo as part of an overall SCA presence at the event. I figured I'd start asking now so people could check their calendars well ahead of time. It currently does not conflict with any SCA events, at least according to the current version of the calendar. I'm looking two to three gentles to help me out, and maybe spend some time sitting at the SCA table. I think this is a really neat event, and a great opportunity to learn some cool stuff. I'm planning on teaching one or two classes, probably doing an upated version of my class on sword hilts from the late 15th c. to the late 16th c.
        >
        > Please let me know if you can help out.
        >
        > FITP website:
        >
        >  http://www.treheima.ca/fitp/

      • Eve and David
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 30 6:21 PM

          Just a reminder, Forward into the Past is coming up soon. The last day for pre-registration at a reduced fee is April 2nd. There is a full day of classes and demonstrations. Some classes are presentations and many are hands on workshops. I will be teaching a class on late 16th c. men’s costume and a class on the development of sword hilts. These are the same classes that were offered at Winter War. Baron Giovanni is also doing a class of the development of sword play (which will also provide an opportunity for you to see me get stabbed in the face a lot).

          Details can be found here:

          http://www.fitp.ca/index.php

          It is not an SCA event, so you don’t have to attend in garb. It is a wonderful opportunity to learn about all kinds of neat things. The SCA will have a table there so you’re welcome to come by and say hi.

          Yours in Service

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 31 6:50 AM
            To be clear. not a huge amount. probably just 5-10 times.
            --g

            On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Eve and David <evedave1@...> wrote:

[...]

            Albrecht

          • Greg Currie
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 31 7:42 AM
              Why. ..that alone is worth rhe price of admission!   ;)

              -Gregorie

              Sent from Samsung Mobile

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 31 1:33 PM
                I was lucky enough to draw a winning judges ticket to get a preview of his class...it's awesome!  You wanna be there!

                Cheers,
                Cainder

                Kelly Wyatt/Cainder ingen hui Chatharnaig
                k.wyatt59@...

                To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com