Re: [E_Rapier] KRM Succession

  • Oval.one
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
      Hi everyone. This is going to have to be a brief note, since I'm living out of boxes at the moment and my internet comes solely through my phone.

      For those who don't know me, I'm based in Ottawa and have been fencing for something like fifteen years. Thouh I don't claim any great skill, I get by, and concentrate more on the fun.

      I'll be posting some thoughts on the direction I'd like to go in the next week or so, once life settles down some. Having said that, I am open to suggestions from fencers and marshals of all levels of experience. We are a community, and everyone is engaged in discussing where we're going, the journey will be an interesting one.

      In service;
      Gavin MacAidan

      Sent from Samsung Mobile

      Lars Eriksson <ealdormere.rapier.marshal@...> wrote:

      Greetings!

      First, thank you to all who applied for the KRM position. It's nice to
      pass several names on to the Powers That Be for consideration, and it's
      nice to see that people are interested in stepping up to help out.

      Given the length of deliberation, I can only assume that it was a difficult
      choice to make. The decision has now come back to me, and the next KRM for
      Ealdormere will be Gavin MacAidan. Our plan is to hand over the KRM office
      at Feast of the Hare.

      Most of you know Gavin, but are probably wondering "where the heck has he
      been this past while?" Simply, he fell victim to the Curse of the
      Skraeling Baronial Rapier Champion's Cloak. Gavin has now had that
      surgically repaired and has been under the tender ministrations of his
      physiotherapist to get back into fencing shape. In the coming months, I am
      sure that he will be eager to thug it up, er, cross blades with everyone he
      hasn't seen in a while.

      Lars
      (With friends like me, who needs enemies?)