KRM Succession

  • Lars Eriksson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012

      First, thank you to all who applied for the KRM position. It's nice to
      pass several names on to the Powers That Be for consideration, and it's
      nice to see that people are interested in stepping up to help out.

      Given the length of deliberation, I can only assume that it was a difficult
      choice to make. The decision has now come back to me, and the next KRM for
      Ealdormere will be Gavin MacAidan. Our plan is to hand over the KRM office
      at Feast of the Hare.

      Most of you know Gavin, but are probably wondering "where the heck has he
      been this past while?" Simply, he fell victim to the Curse of the
      Skraeling Baronial Rapier Champion's Cloak. Gavin has now had that
      surgically repaired and has been under the tender ministrations of his
      physiotherapist to get back into fencing shape. In the coming months, I am
      sure that he will be eager to thug it up, er, cross blades with everyone he
      hasn't seen in a while.

      Lars
      (With friends like me, who needs enemies?)

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
        Congrats and good luck Gavin.

        Jocelyn

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, Lars Eriksson <ealdormere.rapier.marshal@...> wrote:

        > Greetings!
        >
        > First, thank you to all who applied for the KRM position. It's nice to
        > pass several names on to the Powers That Be for consideration, and it's
        > nice to see that people are interested in stepping up to help out.
        >
        > Given the length of deliberation, I can only assume that it was a difficult
        > choice to make. The decision has now come back to me, and the next KRM for
        > Ealdormere will be Gavin MacAidan. Our plan is to hand over the KRM office
        > at Feast of the Hare.
        >
        > Most of you know Gavin, but are probably wondering "where the heck has he
        > been this past while?" Simply, he fell victim to the Curse of the
        > Skraeling Baronial Rapier Champion's Cloak. Gavin has now had that
        > surgically repaired and has been under the tender ministrations of his
        > physiotherapist to get back into fencing shape. In the coming months, I am
        > sure that he will be eager to thug it up, er, cross blades with everyone he
        > hasn't seen in a while.
        >
        > Lars
        > (With friends like me, who needs enemies?)

      • steveb1
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
          Congrats, Gavin!

          Gerhard

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
            Yay, Gavin :-) I will be happy to help you get back into shape!

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
              Congratulations Gavin! Welcome aboard!

              And Much and Many thanks to everyone who was brave enough to stand up and apply for the position!

              Cainder
              who fences when she's not wearing a herald's tabard or chasing littles...which isn't to say a whole lot.

              Kelly Wyatt

              SCA: Cainder ingen hui Chatharnaig

              k.wyatt59@...

              To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com; RapierMarshals@yahoogroups.com
              From: ealdormere.rapier.marshal@...
              Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:51:30 -0400
              Subject: [E_Rapier] KRM Succession

              Greetings!

[...]

            • Oval.one
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
                Hi everyone. This is going to have to be a brief note, since I'm living out of boxes at the moment and my internet comes solely through my phone.

                For those who don't know me, I'm based in Ottawa and have been fencing for something like fifteen years. Thouh I don't claim any great skill, I get by, and concentrate more on the fun.

                I'll be posting some thoughts on the direction I'd like to go in the next week or so, once life settles down some. Having said that, I am open to suggestions from fencers and marshals of all levels of experience. We are a community, and everyone is engaged in discussing where we're going, the journey will be an interesting one.

                In service;
                Gavin MacAidan

                Sent from Samsung Mobile