Re: [E_Rapier] Rapier at Scotchtoberfest

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012

      > Thanks for sharing your ideas on the subject of two handed weapons,
      > knowing where people stand on various issues is critical in finding
      > consensus on improving such matter.

      And what have you interpreted my ideas as being?

      > I might suggest that you
      > a) don't play or marshall the tournament if you have safety concerns about it.
      > b) address your concerns about the issue of two handed weapons to the KRM.

      I am very fond of 2 handed weapons, I have a lot of fun playing with them.

      On July 8, as part of the changes to authorization procedures, our KRM wrote:
      "It is the responsibility of the combatant to become familiar with other
      devices covered by the authorization category before using them outside
      of practice."

      Albrecht's original posting said
      "Finally, in honour of the Germans, we will hold a two handed weapons
      tourney. Again it will double or single elimination depending on
      time/numbers. I'll try to make sure there are some extra two handed
      weapons available and remember, you only need your single
      authorization to use a two handed sword"

      Encouraging people who've never played with a longsword in practice to
      pick it up for a tournament. He has since clarified that he'll have
      some introduction to the weapons before people play with them, though
      it still sounds like he may provide verbal instructions and no chance
      for someone to use the weapon before entering the tournament.

      This is contrary to the guidelines for authorizations.

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
        Please take this two the Marshal's discussion group.

        Jocelyn Cranewall
        Deputy KRM Ealdormere