Re: [E_Rapier] Cut and Thrust Deed of Arms

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2012
      I'm thinking these guidelines (modified from a deed planned at pennsic):

      -This will not be a tournament, but a series of challenge bouts to
      display the virtues of franchise and prowess. All who acquit
      themselves well will share equally in the honor.
      -A marshal will preside, as per the SCA's rules, and shall be obeyed
      at all times
      -Bouts shall be to number of blows well struck (probably 3) or a fight
      ending blow. The regular rules will apply, with the caveat of armor as
      worn.
      -Chain is considered proof against cuts but not thrusts.
      -Hidden non-period appropriate armour would not count as armor for the
      purpose of blow calling.
      -A cut or thrust to an unarmored area will count as a blow well
      struck, and if to a perf-plate covered face, shall definitively end
      the fight.
      -All appropriate pomp, circumstance, and pageantry shall be observed
      -Participants shall attempt to outfit themselves in 14th or 15th century kit.

      I'm a little torn on the last one. On one hand, I think it would be
      awesome. On the other hand, given that I don't think anyone has
      appropriate kit for this so it's a pretty expensive requirement. On
      the gripping hand probably i will set the minimum requirement to be
      helmet appropriate to your appearance on the field. No modern fencing
      masks allowed.

      --g