Cut and Thrust Deed of Arms

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24 12:16 PM
      Would anyone be interested in an Armour as Worn Cut and Thrust Deed of Arms?

      I was thinking maybe at Baron's Howe this year (assuming my kit
      arrives) but other fall events could also be fun.

      I'm asking ahead of Pennsic so that people who are interested would
      have an opportunity to upgrade their kit.

      --g
    • Gavin Lusk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24 12:24 PM
        Quite possibly?

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24 12:39 PM
          I'm thinking these guidelines (modified from a deed planned at pennsic):

          -This will not be a tournament, but a series of challenge bouts to
          display the virtues of franchise and prowess. All who acquit
          themselves well will share equally in the honor.
          -A marshal will preside, as per the SCA's rules, and shall be obeyed
          at all times
          -Bouts shall be to number of blows well struck (probably 3) or a fight
          ending blow. The regular rules will apply, with the caveat of armor as
          worn.
          -Chain is considered proof against cuts but not thrusts.
          -Hidden non-period appropriate armour would not count as armor for the
          purpose of blow calling.
          -A cut or thrust to an unarmored area will count as a blow well
          struck, and if to a perf-plate covered face, shall definitively end
          the fight.
          -All appropriate pomp, circumstance, and pageantry shall be observed
          -Participants shall attempt to outfit themselves in 14th or 15th century kit.

          I'm a little torn on the last one. On one hand, I think it would be
          awesome. On the other hand, given that I don't think anyone has
          appropriate kit for this so it's a pretty expensive requirement. On
          the gripping hand probably i will set the minimum requirement to be
          helmet appropriate to your appearance on the field. No modern fencing
          masks allowed.

          --g