Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Many new interested fencers in brantford.

  • Aaron Miedema
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2012
      If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion... =)

      You may find more success if you establish a regular practice time, and do
      it every week... admittedly this may involve some long hours of not having
      people from points beyond showing up. But, if the reminder is constantly
      poping up on the list it will evenually sink in, and then you may find some
      interesting random appearances. So.... What Rapier Practices you have to
      worry about in the area...

      Monday: Ajax and Hamilton
      Tueday: Guelph
      Wednesday: Eoforwic (Summer only currently)
      Thursday: Markham and Kitchener
      Friday: nothing, but this is the time people are usually getting ready for
      events.
      Saturday: nothing, but these are event days and so a little shifty for
      attendance.
      Sunday: Peterborough

      Thursday or Sunday easily works...

      For those times that people can't show up.... one of the ideas might be
      for Mohammed to come to the mountain, so to speak. If you can get to
      Toronto, you might want to learn stuff you can import back to students in
      Brantford. If you can make Ajax, Eoforwic, or Markham I can give you the
      pointers on a starting ciriculum and a period text or two to start focusing
      on. Even if you can't make these specific practices, I have a fairly open
      schedule and could gleefully do some private tutoring. That still doesn't
      help the loaner gear issue, but, for the first little bit of my ciriculum
      you don't need anything but a sword.

      On an equipment note, there might be some old gorgets (3 or 4 in need on
      some modification/love) that we can come to some arrangement on.

      --
      Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
      Historian

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2012
        Keep posting and let us know! I'm totally supportive of rapier practices and will do what I can to support.

        hope to meet your guys soon!
        Jocelyn

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 16, 2012
          SO how are you folks in Brantford doing? Enquireing minds want to know!