Darkwood tips

  • David Gotlieb
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 25 5:30 PM
      Hi All,

      Just looking for some suggestions on how to incorporate the required metal between the blade and blunt with Darkwood tips.

      I had been using Zen tips and they have really large openings, but the Darkwood tips are just a narrow slit. The cotter pins I had been using don't seem to work with the Darkwoods, as the opening isn't wide enough.

      Any suggestions since the only thing that would fit is tin foil and I somehow doubt that would count. :)

      Lord Dafydd ap Alan (MKA David Gotlieb)
      Canton of Harrowgate Heath

    • bad_yoshi
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25 7:15 PM
        Hi Dafydd,

        I would talk to Wilhelm. He actually put 2 cotter pins on the tip of a dagger before putting a Darkwood tip on and it works just fine. Perhaps you need to look at different cotter pins than the ones you have.

        Yoshi

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, David Gotlieb <dafydd@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Just looking for some suggestions on how to incorporate the required metal between the blade and blunt with Darkwood tips.
        >

        > I had been using Zen tips and they have really large openings, but the Darkwood tips are just a narrow slit. The cotter pins I had been using don't seem to work with the Darkwoods, as the opening isn't wide enough.
        >
        > Any suggestions since the only thing that would fit is tin foil and I somehow doubt that would count. :)
        >

        > Lord Dafydd ap Alan (MKA David Gotlieb)
        > Canton of Harrowgate Heath

      • Anthropicus Panthera Morphous
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25 9:57 PM
          I managed to work a piece of leather in over the end in those, though
          that was a lot of work and had to be cut precisely.

          Cheers,
          Wayne Renaud (Guillaume Dangeau)

        • boothct@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25 10:05 PM
            Hey,

            Just a question, for Lars really, but are they not in experiment to just use those style of tips?

            Tadc
            Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26 4:32 AM
              There are a number of people with allowance to use the Darkwood tips in Ealdormere, as an experiment. TO be included in the experiment speak with Lars. Those tips have not been cleared for regular use in Ealdormere.

              Jocleyn
              Deputy KRM

              --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, boothct@... wrote:

              > Hey,
              >
              > Just a question, for Lars really, but are they not in experiment to just use those style of tips?
              >
              > Tadc
              > Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

            • David Gotlieb
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 26 5:06 AM
                Thanks Guillaume,

                Unfortunately, the Ealdormere rapier rules say that a rigid piece of metal has to be inserted between the blade and tip so I don't think a piece of leather will do (unless we have some sort of experiment going as per Tadc's comment).