Rapier Combat at Murder Meelee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2012
      Posted on behalf of THL Kurushima Yoshiatsu (Yoshi)

      Greetings fellow lunatics,

      Murder Melee 29 is right around the corner and I just realised that I'd not yet posted anything on it. Yes, yours truly is once again the marshal in charge. Same site as the previous several years, running from thursday June 7 to sunday June 10. Check the Ben Dunfirth website for directions to site. Please remember that the site is VERY DISCREETLY DAMP!!! We had an incident last year that almost cost us the use of the site, so please be responsible.

      The schedule this year will differ a bit from previous years so please pay heed:

      Friday, June 8th: No schedule, pickup fencing. I'm not 100% sure I will be present during the day on Friday yet, so make sure if you're going to play that you have a marshal present.

      Saturday, June 9th: At the request of his Majesty, we are going to do some woods melee in the morning. That way his Majesty and his Highness will be able to play rapier before the Armored melees. We will mass at the rapier list before heading into the woods. I will be at the rapier list at 9am for inspections and authorizations. We will be heading into the woods at 10:30 sharp. At noon we'll head back to the rapier list. We have Eaod prize fights, a novice tourney, and new this year, a 2 handed weapon tourney. I'm still working on another tournament as well, and if there's time, more woods stuff. I have no set times for these tournaments yet, as I may run a couple of them concurently. I will speak to Jocelyn regarding the prize fights, and I will try to set some times for the other tournaments if I can before the event gets here and post them, and leave a schedule at troll.

      MIT's: Make sure to see me if you want to assist with the event.

      Group Marshals: If you have someone coming who is doing a primary authorization please let me know. I have a MIT who needs to do a primary auth.

      Please note that I do tend to run a tight ship in regards to the schedule, and this year will be no different. I want everyone to be able to fence as much as they want, and starting everything late doesn't help in that regard.

      I do not have access to the lists at the moment, so if you have any queries please email me at yoshithepirate@.... I'm working out of town right now but I still have access to my email and facebook. Further details as events warrant.

      I'm looking forward to seeing you all again this year!

      In service,

      THL Kurushima Yoshiatsu (Yoshi)