RE: [E_Rapier] War of the Trilliums

    Message 1 of 26 , May 18, 2012
      Damn, my sword missed by an inch. Oh well.

      Albrecht

      Message 2 of 26 , May 18, 2012
        Well, the theme was Viking.... no specification as to date.... so early
        or late... I am not going to be THAT particular... The longest Viking
        sword according to Petersen is 35.7" which I'm willing to round up to 36".
        Now if people want to start examining the width of quillions, that would be
        helpful too.

        On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM, EVE HARRIS <evedave1@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I have half a dozen books on Viking stuff, and they all talk about hilts
        > and decorations, but there seems to be a scarcity of information on blade
        > lengths. 31-33 inches seems to be the average, at least for earlier period
        > blades.
        >
        > Albrecht

        Aaron Miedema, B.F.A., B.A., M.A.
        Historian