Re: EAOD Dean Prize results and thanks

    Message 1 of 16 , May 15, 2012
      Lars,

      Now that you've let the cat out of the bag. If you like we could chat about your Provost prize at FOOL.

      Ciao
      Jocelyn

      --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "L. Tremblay" <lrt512@...> wrote:

      > And lo, my email server decided to permit me to send messages from this
      > account again, and it was good.
      >
      > I just wanted to say that I have not seen such a fantastic day of
      > fencing in a very long time.
      >
      > The Border Spat tourneys looked like a lot of fun, and most importantly,
      > people looked like they were having a lot of fun. Wassail to Dafydd and
      > Harrowgate Heath for arranging a superb day!
      >
      > Wassail to Baron Giovanni, THL Gareth, and all those who came from near
      > and far to put them to the test. It was a real pleasure to watch the
      > bouts in progress (and a relief to see that 50 bouts for Dean wasn't
      > *too* crazy after all.) Getting the chance to fence against several of
      > the challengers was a real treat, and I hope I can get many of the ones
      > I missed at Pennsic!
      >
      > And, of course, thanks to Their Majesties for starting this whole thing
      > in motion so many years ago. It was an unbelievable feeling to see our
      > first Deans get their scarves.
      >
      > Lars
      > Who really should start thinking about a Provost prize one of these days.
      >

      > On 13/05/2012 9:25 PM, Yvonne wrote:
      > >
      > > It is with great joy that I report the success of Ealdormere Academy
      > > of Defense `s premiere Prize Fight for the rank of Dean in the
      > > Academy. Congratulations are extended to HE Giovanni d'Enzinas, Baron
      > > of Skraling Althing and THL Gareth Cambell. These two met the
      > > following challengers in an amazing display of sportsmanship and the
      > > Arte of Defense:
      > > HRM Eduoard the Red
      > > HE Done Robert MacPharland of Ansteorra
      > > HE Alfred of Chester of the Middle Kingdom
      > > Master Giovanni of Trimarias
      > > Mistress Irene of Alethmarc
      > > Master Ian of Aethalmarc
      > > Don John Rathburn of the East
      > > Don Christen of Aethmarc
      > > Special thanks go out to Lord Daffyd for the gifts given to the
      > > challengers and his efforts in coordinating the space for the EAOD;
      > > THL Vald for his constable assistance of the lists; Lady Rusulksa, THL
      > > Albrecht, Lord Gavin and his lady for keeping track of the accounting
      > > of the challenge fights; and finally Lady Marie of Skraling Althing
      > > for heralding efforts thought out the challenge and endurance rounds.
      > >
      > > Honour, Chivalry, Courtesy, Gentility - Learn it, Live it!
      > > Jocelyn Roget de Cranewall
      > > Praceptor of the Ealdormere Academy of Defense

    • L. Tremblay
      Message 2 of 16 , May 15, 2012
        I will be at FOOL, with the stamp

        Lars

        Message 3 of 16 , May 15, 2012
          I will have a drop tester available if needed

          Message 4 of 16 , May 15, 2012
            I've already been drop tested though I'll need a mask test again. My mask failed so I'm hoping Mateo's spare one will pass inspection.

            Thanks,

            Kelly Wyatt
            SCA: Cainder inghen Hui Chatharnaig
            k.wyatt59@...

            To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
            From: tamlin_01@...
            Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:35:50 +0000
            Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

            Message 5 of 16 , May 15, 2012
              From Gerrard : I can vouch for the armour passing !!

              Message 6 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                The mask and armour don't have to PASS, they just have to be tested.
                You have to use the information appropriately. :-)

                Eyrny

                Message 7 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                  Well, if that's the criteria, I'm using the information as appropriate to me personally. :-)

                  To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                  From: kgormanshaw@...
                  Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:45:08 -0400
                  Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                    To clarify: They don't have to pass to get your card stamped, just
                    have to be tested. They DO have to pass before you can use them on
                    the field.

                    Eyrny

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                      Ayup, that's why I'm bringing a spare mask (thank my hubby and his hoarding ways!) to be tested just on the off chance that I'll actually get a chance to fence this weekend. I knew I couldn't make it to our local practice this week to have it tested there.

                      I understand there's a form to be filled out for card renewal. Can someone point me in the right direction to find said form?

                      Thanks very much,

                      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                      From: kgormanshaw@...
                      Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:47:47 -0400