Card renewals

    Message 1 of 16 , May 14, 2012
      Good afternoon,

      I need to get my card re-stamped and was hoping that I could do so at FOOL...can I confirm that will be possible?

      Thanks,
      Cainder

      Kelly Wyatt
      SCA: Cainder ingen Hui Chatharnaig
      k.wyatt59@...

      Message 2 of 16 , May 15, 2012
        Lars,

        Now that you've let the cat out of the bag. If you like we could chat about your Provost prize at FOOL.

        Ciao
        Jocelyn

        --- In E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com, "L. Tremblay" <lrt512@...> wrote:

        > And lo, my email server decided to permit me to send messages from this
        > account again, and it was good.
        >
        > I just wanted to say that I have not seen such a fantastic day of
        > fencing in a very long time.
        >
        > The Border Spat tourneys looked like a lot of fun, and most importantly,
        > people looked like they were having a lot of fun. Wassail to Dafydd and
        > Harrowgate Heath for arranging a superb day!
        >
        > Wassail to Baron Giovanni, THL Gareth, and all those who came from near
        > and far to put them to the test. It was a real pleasure to watch the
        > bouts in progress (and a relief to see that 50 bouts for Dean wasn't
        > *too* crazy after all.) Getting the chance to fence against several of
        > the challengers was a real treat, and I hope I can get many of the ones
        > I missed at Pennsic!
        >
        > And, of course, thanks to Their Majesties for starting this whole thing
        > in motion so many years ago. It was an unbelievable feeling to see our
        > first Deans get their scarves.
        >
        > Lars
        > Who really should start thinking about a Provost prize one of these days.
        >

        > On 13/05/2012 9:25 PM, Yvonne wrote:
        > >
        > > It is with great joy that I report the success of Ealdormere Academy
        > > of Defense `s premiere Prize Fight for the rank of Dean in the
        > > Academy. Congratulations are extended to HE Giovanni d'Enzinas, Baron
        > > of Skraling Althing and THL Gareth Cambell. These two met the
        > > following challengers in an amazing display of sportsmanship and the
        > > Arte of Defense:
        > > HRM Eduoard the Red
        > > HE Done Robert MacPharland of Ansteorra
        > > HE Alfred of Chester of the Middle Kingdom
        > > Master Giovanni of Trimarias
        > > Mistress Irene of Alethmarc
        > > Master Ian of Aethalmarc
        > > Don John Rathburn of the East
        > > Don Christen of Aethmarc
        > > Special thanks go out to Lord Daffyd for the gifts given to the
        > > challengers and his efforts in coordinating the space for the EAOD;
        > > THL Vald for his constable assistance of the lists; Lady Rusulksa, THL
        > > Albrecht, Lord Gavin and his lady for keeping track of the accounting
        > > of the challenge fights; and finally Lady Marie of Skraling Althing
        > > for heralding efforts thought out the challenge and endurance rounds.
        > >
        > > Honour, Chivalry, Courtesy, Gentility - Learn it, Live it!
        > > Jocelyn Roget de Cranewall
        > > Praceptor of the Ealdormere Academy of Defense

      • L. Tremblay
        Message 3 of 16 , May 15, 2012
          I will be at FOOL, with the stamp

          Lars

          Message 4 of 16 , May 15, 2012
            I will have a drop tester available if needed

            Message 5 of 16 , May 15, 2012
              I've already been drop tested though I'll need a mask test again. My mask failed so I'm hoping Mateo's spare one will pass inspection.

              Thanks,

              Kelly Wyatt
              SCA: Cainder inghen Hui Chatharnaig
              k.wyatt59@...

              To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
              From: tamlin_01@...
              Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:35:50 +0000
              Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

              Message 6 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                From Gerrard : I can vouch for the armour passing !!

                Message 7 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                  The mask and armour don't have to PASS, they just have to be tested.
                  You have to use the information appropriately. :-)

                  Eyrny

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                    Well, if that's the criteria, I'm using the information as appropriate to me personally. :-)

                    To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                    From: kgormanshaw@...
                    Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:45:08 -0400
                    Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                      To clarify: They don't have to pass to get your card stamped, just
                      have to be tested. They DO have to pass before you can use them on
                      the field.

                      Eyrny

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                        Ayup, that's why I'm bringing a spare mask (thank my hubby and his hoarding ways!) to be tested just on the off chance that I'll actually get a chance to fence this weekend. I knew I couldn't make it to our local practice this week to have it tested there.

                        I understand there's a form to be filled out for card renewal. Can someone point me in the right direction to find said form?

                        Thanks very much,

                        To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                        From: kgormanshaw@...
                        Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:47:47 -0400