Re: [E_Rapier] EAOD Dean Prize results and thanks

  • L. Tremblay
    Message 1 of 16 , May 14, 2012
      And lo, my email server decided to permit me to send messages from this
      account again, and it was good.

      I just wanted to say that I have not seen such a fantastic day of
      fencing in a very long time.

      The Border Spat tourneys looked like a lot of fun, and most importantly,
      people looked like they were having a lot of fun. Wassail to Dafydd and
      Harrowgate Heath for arranging a superb day!

      Wassail to Baron Giovanni, THL Gareth, and all those who came from near
      and far to put them to the test. It was a real pleasure to watch the
      bouts in progress (and a relief to see that 50 bouts for Dean wasn't
      *too* crazy after all.) Getting the chance to fence against several of
      the challengers was a real treat, and I hope I can get many of the ones
      I missed at Pennsic!

      And, of course, thanks to Their Majesties for starting this whole thing
      in motion so many years ago. It was an unbelievable feeling to see our
      first Deans get their scarves.

      Lars
      Who really should start thinking about a Provost prize one of these days.

      Message 2 of 16 , May 14, 2012
        Good afternoon,

        I need to get my card re-stamped and was hoping that I could do so at FOOL...can I confirm that will be possible?

        Thanks,
        Cainder

        Kelly Wyatt
        SCA: Cainder ingen Hui Chatharnaig
        k.wyatt59@...

        Message 3 of 16 , May 15, 2012
          Lars,

          Now that you've let the cat out of the bag. If you like we could chat about your Provost prize at FOOL.

          Ciao
          Jocelyn

          Message 4 of 16 , May 15, 2012
            I will be at FOOL, with the stamp

            Lars

            Message 5 of 16 , May 15, 2012
              I will have a drop tester available if needed

              Message 6 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                I've already been drop tested though I'll need a mask test again. My mask failed so I'm hoping Mateo's spare one will pass inspection.

                Thanks,

                Kelly Wyatt
                SCA: Cainder inghen Hui Chatharnaig
                k.wyatt59@...

                To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                From: tamlin_01@...
                Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:35:50 +0000
                Subject: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                Message 7 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                  From Gerrard : I can vouch for the armour passing !!

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                    The mask and armour don't have to PASS, they just have to be tested.
                    You have to use the information appropriately. :-)

                    Eyrny

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                      Well, if that's the criteria, I'm using the information as appropriate to me personally. :-)

                      To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                      From: kgormanshaw@...
                      Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:45:08 -0400
                      Subject: Re: [E_Rapier] Re: Card renewals

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                        To clarify: They don't have to pass to get your card stamped, just
                        have to be tested. They DO have to pass before you can use them on
                        the field.

                        Eyrny

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 15, 2012
                          Ayup, that's why I'm bringing a spare mask (thank my hubby and his hoarding ways!) to be tested just on the off chance that I'll actually get a chance to fence this weekend. I knew I couldn't make it to our local practice this week to have it tested there.

                          I understand there's a form to be filled out for card renewal. Can someone point me in the right direction to find said form?

                          Thanks very much,

                          To: E_Rapier@yahoogroups.com
                          From: kgormanshaw@...
                          Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:47:47 -0400